who feels like taking a risk?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

who feels like taking a risk?

Postby bman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:02 pm

I just found this Pamp 1oz gold bar on ecrater for $1500 and free shipping. I don't know the seller and he has no feedback yet.

http://www.ecrater.com/p/15529345/1-oz-9999-gold-pamp-sealed-in-asray

my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: who feels like taking a risk?

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:15 pm

What a nice risk that would be! No extra funds for something like this for a while :(

$1500 is a great deal for that..being well under spot and all. Maybe someone needs cash desperately?
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Seems kind of shady, but are you covered by paypal if you pay that way on ecrater?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Tungsten? :?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby christostock » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:35 pm

This is TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
Don't do it. I have tried this on ecrater and Ioffer and OLA a while back.
Nothing but problems.
DON'T DO IT unless you just want to spend time being jerked around and spend your money to do it.
If you are local to the seller and can do a face to face then go for it.
If it involves sending payment first, DON'T DO IT
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby bman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:40 pm

tell us what you really think Christostock :lol:
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:05 pm

SilverDragon72 wrote:What a nice risk that would be! No extra funds for something like this for a while :(

$1500 is a great deal for that..being well under spot and all. Maybe someone needs cash desperately?

Why would anyone sell gold under spot???!! Come on! You can sell gold at spot at any LCS. It is sealed in plastic, major red flag for me. You cannot determine if it's real, or tungsten.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:
SilverDragon72 wrote:What a nice risk that would be! No extra funds for something like this for a while :(

Why would anyone sell gold under spot???!! Come on! You can sell gold at spot at any LCS. It is sealed in plastic, major red flag for me. You cannot determine if it's real, or tungsten.

Yes, I know that it seems too good to be true! That's why I wrote about it being a "good deal and all." It is a red flag :!:

As if nobody would ask those questions first...duh.
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby bman » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:55 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Why would anyone sell gold under spot???!! Come on! You can sell gold at spot at any LCS.

Gold is sold for about half the price of spot many many times per day, how do you think those "we buy gold" places stay in business?
and not everybody has a good LCS near them.

This could be legitimate, but I'm not risking $1500 of my money to find out. ;)
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:14 am

bman wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Why would anyone sell gold under spot???!! Come on! You can sell gold at spot at any LCS.

Gold is sold for about half the price of spot many many times per day, how do you think those "we buy gold" places stay in business?

+1 ;)
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:21 am

A big clue to it being a scam are that the "store" makes it appear that it is a general seller of precious metals and coins and folks like that would know what's up and not be selling under spot. People who sell at the we buy gold places are generally clueless. I think christostock has the wisdom and experience on this one.
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:36 am

It looks like the seller takes paypal so if you pay via credit card it's nothing more than an hour or so hassle if they fail to deliver legit goods.

I'm not going to do it simply because I don't feel like wasting an hour of time. But if someone has "cheap time" it's probably a worthy risk!
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby mflugher » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:30 am

bman wrote:

$1500/oz is too high, esp for dealing with the mailing and such... I like to keep my buys closer to the 60% of spot range or less.
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals