Silver Santa.. 3rd installment

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver Santa.. 3rd installment

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:28 am

So I am at the bank when they open the doors this morning to capture those 7 rolls of dimes I left there Saturday. Ah, luck is with me.. the teller I got them from is on today. I ask her about the dimes and she tells me she sold them all :cry: to the vault. OK, so I can get them still.. if only the vault teller is working today. He will be in at 9:30. I go wait in the car and come back in just as he opens his station. Sure, he has my dimes and he will go get them for me. He gets me a rack of dimes and 2 racks of nickels to exhaust my meager budget for the day. Then he tells me he has another couple of hundred in dimes and nickels available. So off I go to the credit union to dump some coin so I can come back and buy the rest. Excited like a kid waiting to open his Xmas presents as I have visions of more silver in the 10 rolls snug in my bag. I wait until I get to the CU parking lot to open my little packages. The first one is in a light green wrapper.. like the first batch.. nothing.. and so it goes.. until roll #10. Ah.. finally! I struck silver! One silver dime. At least I didn't get skunked. How does that song go.. "One is the loneliest number.."

So I drop a few coins at the coinstar at the CU and head back to the bank. I buy up everything the vault teller and other tellers have.. 21 rolls of dimes.. 8 rolls of pennies.. 40 rolls of nickels.. and 16 rolls of Quarters.

Ah.. back to reality.. skunked on all of it.

But now I have to make frequent pickups at this bank of course.. cause you know folks that deposit silver often come back and deposit again.. they can only roll so much at a time. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Re: Silver Santa.. 3rd installment

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:29 am

For fasteddy.. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Numis Pam » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:38 am

:clap: Hey even ONE silver dime is a great score to me!!! :angel:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scyther » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:16 am

Numis Pam wrote::clap: Hey even ONE silver dime is a great score to me!!! :angel:

Yep. I'm still awaiting my first silver... trying another bank tomorrow.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:07 am

I bought $100 in nickles and got 2 war nickles and 1 buffalo.
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fasteddy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:30 am

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:For fasteddy.. :mrgreen:

thanks Hoard for thinking of me....my heart is warm.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

After reading the first installment I decided to switch from pennies to dimes for a while. Heck, the Silver Santa might be heading south. Friday evening I stopped in at a bank branch on my way home from work and picked up all the dimes they could spare for me - $10 CWRs and $70 in Brinks rolls. Those 14 plastic wrapped rolls had a total of seven silver edges showing through. Too bad those were all the teller had left from that box. I've been picking up dimes at a few other branches the past few days trying to repeat that 1% silver yield but all I've found is one silver dime out of about $300.
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Glad to see someone else getting some silver.. tis the season!

Today's update. Now that I am on the silver streak, I have to take everything this bank gets in.. even the quarters. Today they had $1020 for me and another of my banks had $577. Total yield.. 2 silver dimes.. twice what I got yesterday!

I also got 3 Canadian quarters, 2 Canadian dimes, 2 5 pence pieces.. and partridge or some kind of fish or something on a 10 cent Australian piece.. man, their dimes are BIG! :mrgreen:
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals