Reverse Silver Calculator ?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Reverse Silver Calculator ?

Postby DuckTales253 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:31 am

Does anyone know of a web site that has a reverse silver calculator? Say you would like to know how high the price of silver would need to go for your 90% half dollar to be worth $15.00. You could enter the denomination, type in $15.00, and it would produce the answer: $41.50 an ounce.

If not, maybe I'll put my programming skills to work on creating one!
"No man is poor who can do what he likes to do once in a while!" - Scrooge McDuck
DuckTales253
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Reverse Silver Calculator ?

Postby misteroman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:42 am

Its in the back of all redbooks
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 93_Confirmed » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Spot x .715 gives the current spot price for 1.00 face value of 90% so you can divide that by 2 to get what it is for half dollars. Just change the spot price until you reach the desired result.

$42 spot would get you to $15 per half dollar.
"When you place an order at NWT, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey". - natsb88
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Postby Numis Pam » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Not exactly what you are talking about, but on Coinflation.com you can change the numbers in the silver calculator to do simular.... :angel: I do it alot at times...
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby DuckTales253 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Thank you. I remember seeing that section in the back of a Redbook, but as I recall it was not overly precise. I understand how to calculate, was just looking for an easier way to do it. I think we can all agree that if silver goes above $40 an ounce we'll be in good shape! :thumbup:
"No man is poor who can do what he likes to do once in a while!" - Scrooge McDuck
DuckTales253
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Doctor Steuss » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:57 pm

It's been over a decade since I took any type of math class, but this should hopefully work (assuming the number 93_Confirmed gave is correct):

($M x 2)/.715 = Y

$M = Is the desired value of the half dollar.
Y = What the spot price would need to be.

If you wanted the value for a quarter, you'd multiply $M by 4 instead of 2. If you wanted the value for a dime, you'd multiply by 10.

For an example (using a half dollar worth $15):

(15 x 2)/.715 = 41.9580419...

So, the spot price would need to be about $41.96 for a half dollar to be worth $15.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals