My LCS Owner Says, "I've stopped selling US 90% silver."

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: My LCS Owner Says, "I've stopped selling US 90% silver."

Postby Morsecode » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:38 pm

NDFarmer wrote:
Morsecode wrote: Same story at the second place. Plus, he had a good sized shoebox full of Morgans. Not like he was giving them away, though. I bought a few.

What was he asking for the Morgans? Which I assume were all common date and were well circulated?

They were, but I cherrypicked 6 pieces from the culls that looked more like g/vg. Those were $31. More than I wanted to pay, but I hate to come home empty handef. And I'll be doing a landscaping job for them this Spring, so they'll have plenty of chance to make it up to me.

He goes right to $37 for fine/vf, which is completely ridiculous...but I guess he unliads them eventually.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Morsecode » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:43 pm

RedRockGirl wrote:[quote="Morsecode

Both were in the $22/22.50 range on the 90%. I didn't ask on the .999

:shock: At those prices, I would like to buy some. You said they sell online. Can you give me the info of the LCS?
I've checked my 2 LCS and 2 pawn shops near me. They all are closer to $30x face. :roll:[/quote]

30x? Ouch!

The Buy it Now board here has a number of offers in the 24x incl. shipping. I didn't think 22x was such a hot deal...my weekend flea market guy is still flipping for 20x, though quantities there are hit or miss. Course, he's only paying 10 or 12x for the stuff coming in. Why anyone in this day and age of instant info would let it go for that I certainly don't know.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby RedRockGirl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:05 pm

So thats a no? :| :thumbup:
RedRockGirl
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:34 pm

what part of the country are you in? I would have wiped out his inventory at 22X. Heck, even APMEX is buying at 23.3X
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby scyther » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:01 pm

At that price, I would wonder if it's fake. There's no way they don't know Apmex exists...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby agmoose » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Agreed, my dealer isn't at 30x, but he is at 27x still, which is why RC has become one of my primary sources. Still lots of great silver here at realistic prices.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Morsecode » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:31 pm

RedRockGirl wrote:So thats a no? :| :thumbup:

That would be a no. :D

Sorry, but you never know when I'm going to crack the lottery again, and I see no good coming from giving up my silver mines.

For what it's worth, I had to look up apmex...never heard of them before. I bought my first silver bar in 1981, if that makes any difference. :mrgreen:
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby njo.electric » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:54 pm

This sucks, right at the time where I wanted to trade my silver proof sets/specific ASE key dates for more 90% :?
Lineman by trade, crazy by nature. Student for now..

Piss on worthless fiat toilet paper, I'd rather have METAL any day.
njo.electric

Postby beauanderos » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:46 am

njo.electric wrote:This sucks, right at the time where I wanted to trade my silver proof sets/specific ASE key dates for more 90% :?

well... don't give up, offer them anyway. Someone might surprise you and want to make a swap. :thumbup:
beauanderos

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:08 am

My LCS is 24x for junk and $30 for dollars.

I asked, are you you feeling a pinch on 90%? The answer was, "Oh no! We're seeing plenty of it."

Don't know if I'm just lucky or if It's more the area of the country. I think more folks around here are interested in stacking lead and firepower.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:00 am

OneBiteAtATime wrote:My LCS is 24x for junk and $30 for dollars.

I asked, are you you feeling a pinch on 90%? The answer was, "Oh no! We're seeing plenty of it."

Don't know if I'm just lucky or if It's more the area of the country. I think more folks around here are interested in stacking lead and firepower.

I think the likelihood is that if you're in rural areas, you might have a better chance of scoring some silver at LCS. Higher density populations mean greater numbers of investors are all draining the same source. Of course, that's nothing but a wild-assed guess :lol:
beauanderos

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:21 am

beauanderos wrote:

I think the likelihood is that if you're in rural areas, you might have a better chance of scoring some silver at LCS. Higher density populations mean greater numbers of investors are all draining the same source. Of course, that's nothing but a wild-assed guess :lol:

Whatchu talkin bout, Ray? Rural? At least 15%,of the roads around here are paved! :lol:
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:37 am

OneBiteAtATime wrote:
beauanderos wrote:

Whatchu talkin bout, Ray? Rural? At least 15%,of the roads around here are paved! :lol:

You have that many paved roads? You must live in a high class neighborhood!!!!
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals