Reason for Silver drop!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Reason for Silver drop!

Postby OtusLotus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:06 pm

Thought this might be interesting!

Looks like the shorts are now long silver!

http://www.silverdoctors.com/200-million-ounces-of-paper-silver-traded-in-1-minute-friday-during-cartel-silver-raid/

Although, can someone explain to me who the cartel is?
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Reason for Silver drop!

Postby theo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Interesting article. I believe the cartel is a group of large banks whose goal it is to suppress to price of silver and, to a lesser extent, gold. The group's most prominent member is JPM who, while being the custodian of SLV, has a large short position in silver (conflict of interest?). At least this is my understanding. I'm sure others can provide more specifics.

The article also said that the total amount of available silver is 762 million ounces. This number seems a little low considering that 300 million ASEs have been minted. Add in all the other government coins (maples, phils, libertads etc) and the privately minted rounds and bars and you would likely have at least 762 million oz. Apparantly this number does not include 90% U.S., 80% Canadian along with all the other circulated silver out there. It is my uneducated guess that these coins represent 500 million to 1 billion additional ounces of AG
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals