LCS today

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

LCS today

Postby agmoose » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:49 am

Stopped in for my weekly visit. He was nearly wiped out. Said the whole week has been buyers over sellers by probably 10 to 1.

No gold left, said it all sold Monday.

He did have a decent amount of 40% 1976 proofs and I bought them all at 9x face. Three Ikes, four halves and six quarters. I then bought his last 21 silver quarters. He was still at 23x face on those even with this weeks drop and I can't blame him. He had no dimes or halves or any generic silver rds/bars. I added two ASE's at 30.50 ea. He had about 30 of those left.

What are you guys seeing at your shops?
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: LCS today

Postby beauanderos » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:57 am

ahhhhh... too bad :cry: I was waiting for your usual "woohoo, I got twenty Proof coins at my LCS today," driving me nutso with envy :sick: :lol: It's standup of you to support his shop with your buying his 23X face quarters he had remaining. You've got a good source there. Your buying at his prices is like bribing the tellers with chocolate :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby agmoose » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:17 am

Yeah, I support him because honestly I do get some nice stuff there from time to time, and me being a jerk over a couple dollars would be foolish. It isn't like im keeping afloat by dropping a few grand there. I spend about $200 a week there if he has stuff im willing to add to the stack. When he doesn't or I'm travelling, I buy online. Usually from Ray. Lol.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:21 am

agmoose wrote:Stopped in for my weekly visit. He was nearly wiped out. Said the whole week has been buyers over sellers by probably 10 to 1.

THIS ...as analysis, means more to me, than 20 experts giving their market opinion.

coz its real, on the ground, in the trenches, real life FACT. God bless you Moose! have a good weekend, may all your rib eyes cook medium rare, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:17 pm

My LCS seems to have a decent amount of inventory, from what I could see today!
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scyther » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:10 am

Is it considered being a jerk to refuse to buy over market price? I never knew...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals