How long can this go on?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

How long can this go on?

Postby JerrySpringer » Wed May 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Can get these from Silvertowne for about $26 each right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-1-oz-999-FINE ... 33822e998a

The arbitrage that is going on on Ebay does not seem like it is real. Are people not looking around to see how low some online vendors will sell silver right now vs. spot price? The winning buyer can get five ounces direct from Silvertowne vs. the four on this Ebay auction.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: How long can this go on?

Postby jesse1111 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:36 am

When I first started stacking, I had no idea where to get silver other than ebay. Like anything a ton of sites come up and you don't know who to trust. I found this place via a thread on a sportsbetting forum. Found bullion stacker via here. A tough go for the uninformed.
An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.
jesse1111
Penny Pincher Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Thu May 16, 2013 12:54 am

jesse1111 wrote:When I first started stacking, I had no idea where to get silver other than ebay. Like anything a ton of sites come up and you don't know who to trust. I found this place via a thread on a sportsbetting forum. Found bullion stacker via here. A tough go for the uninformed.

Thing is, it will get interesting if we get silver prices back in the mid-teens. Premiums over spot will get more disproportionate on Ebay vs. buying through a Provident most likely. IDK, just astounds me that Ebay is zany like that. Dirty little secret is that profit margins on selling silver rounds or bars probably will get really lucrative if spot price hits really low. Looks like Ebay can keep premiums in some stratosphere based upon bidders' will.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby racandjjc » Thu May 16, 2013 10:34 am

JerrySpringer wrote:Can get these from Silvertowne for about $26 each right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-1-oz-999-FINE ... 33822e998a

The arbitrage that is going on on Ebay does not seem like it is real. Are people not looking around to see how low some online vendors will sell silver right now vs. spot price? The winning buyer can get five ounces direct from Silvertowne vs. the four on this Ebay auction.

Even our own buy it now section is not so far from ebay prices. Just sayin
racandjjc

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Thu May 16, 2013 11:54 am

jesse1111 wrote:When I first started stacking, I had no idea where to get silver other than ebay. Like anything a ton of sites come up and you don't know who to trust. I found this place via a thread on a sportsbetting forum. Found bullion stacker via here. A tough go for the uninformed.

I was the same way. When I started into this world, AG was $34/ozt, my first ever purchase was a buffalo round on ebay for $37 and I thought I was getting a great deal!!! Found RC off of a youtube video and then BS from here. You all are right though, the uninformed have some tough sledding ahead of them

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals