US Mint lowers price on three sets.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

US Mint lowers price on three sets.

Postby ZenOps » Wed May 22, 2013 10:04 am

http://mintnewsblog.com/2013/05/lower-p ... roof-sets/

"the United States Mint will lower the prices for several numismatic annual sets containing silver coins. The products include the 2013 Silver Proof Set, 2012 & 2013 America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Sets, and the 2013 Congratulations Set.

The 2013 Silver Proof Set contains a total of 14 coins, with five quarters, a half dollar, and dime struck in a composition of 90% silver. Each set contains net silver content of 1.33823 troy ounces, with an additional face value of $5.06 worth of base metal composition coins. Sales for the set began on May 2, actually the same day that the US Mint lowered prices for a slate of other silver numismatic products.

The original price for the set was $67.95. The notice indicates that the price will be lowered by $7.00 to $60.95 per set. As of the latest sales report, customers have ordered 214,477 sets at the higher pricing.

The 2012 & 2013 America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Sets went on sale January 10, 2012 and January 8, 2013, respectively. These sets each contain five quarters struck in a composition of 90% silver, yielding silver content of 0.9042 troy ounces.

Each set was originally priced at $41.95. Prices will be lowered by $5.00 to $36.95"

The ATB sale suprises me a bit, I thought they were popular? Or maybe there were too many varieties with the 50 state quarters already.
Beaver collector
ZenOps
Penny Collector Member

Re: US Mint lowers price on three sets.

Postby NotABigDeal » Wed May 22, 2013 4:19 pm

So will I get a credit? That's the question....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals