Gold rings

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gold rings

Postby AdamsSamoa » Fri May 24, 2013 11:07 am

A friend of mine approched me last night with 2 mens gold rings. She says that she wants to get rid of them but did not want to get ripped off by the "cash for gold guys" they are both large with diamonds. I told her that the diamonds would not be worth much.... one is 14 K and one is 18 K. Any suggestions?
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Gold rings

Postby blackrabbit » Fri May 24, 2013 11:22 am

Weigh them and well them here for slightly less than the bullion value. That will be more than you can get at any cash for gold place.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby AdamsSamoa » Fri May 24, 2013 11:24 am

Should I tell here to take them to a cash for gold place to be weighed?
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Fri May 24, 2013 11:32 am

If you don't have one buy a scale. If you ever deal with any precious metals and coins they are absolutely necessary to check for fakes and to see what you have. There are cheap ones out there on e-bay or amazon http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Signature-AWS-100-Digital/dp/B0012LOQUQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369413032&sr=8-2&keywords=digital+scale. However, if you don't want to get a scale she could go to one of those places and ask what they weigh. They will tell you. If they don't you know they are trying to rip you off.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Fri May 24, 2013 11:33 am

I would take it to my local coin shop only because I know they are good folks, have the expertise and equipment to accurately appraise something, and will give a fair shake on the value. Not all coin shops are equal obviously. I would not consider a cash for gold store since most of them are looking to lowball.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Fri May 24, 2013 11:35 am

Oh yea you can also use a scale to check your 82 pennies to see if they are copper or not, if you are a lowly hand sorter like me. 8-)
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Fri May 24, 2013 11:36 am

blackrabbit wrote:Oh yea you can also use a scale to check your 82 pennies to see if they are copper or not, if you are a lowly hand sorter like me. 8-)

Yep :) I even weigh the 1983's... just in case I get that $10,000 penny.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Market Harmony » Fri May 24, 2013 12:01 pm

My company does this all the time:

http://marketharmony.net
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals