Pretend You're Buying Gold

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Pretend You're Buying Gold

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:15 pm

Alot of you may be incredulous at how fast silver has risen in the last month, and suspect that a pullback is in order. You may feel you'll have another chance to "buy the dips" again, and have decided to stubbornly stockpile cash as you await the return of "sensibly-priced" silver. Others have decided that this is the time to take profits, and are offering their silver for sale at prices not seen in two years. There's a bunch of fresh listings on ebay that support this scenario. Alrightee now...
what do I think? All of you who are waiting for a pullback, or who are selling now... are gonna regret it later! :roll: Silver is just beginning to take off, and will continue to gather momentum as it does. The ten, twenty, thirty cent jumps you are witnessing now will become seventy cents, one dollar, two dollars a DAY by next year. I would really be VERY surprised if silver is not between $60 and $80 an ounce a year from now. So, how does one turn off the old mindset and peel another bill or two out of the wallet to purchase silver now, at these ever-increasing prices? I do it as if I was buying gold. Someday, sure... maybe it's a decade away, but silver will be priced as gold is now (particularly if the scarcity of above-ground silver is true). With that being the case... doesn't it make sense to stockpile as much as you can now? Back up the truck? It certainly makes it easier for me to bid fifteen to thirty percent higher than I did two weeks ago, for ebay items I want. Just remember, if you don't want to bid "fair value" someone else will. We've all known for years that silver was underpriced... it you fail to act on that knowledge now you'll be kicking yourself in the arse for years to follow :cry:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Pretend You're Buying Gold

Postby Ardent Listener » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Disclosure and warning. I recently made a large investment in precious metals. Forget what beauanderos just posted, PMs are going to tank now for sure. That is all. :mrgreen:
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby chris6084 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Ardent Listener wrote:Disclosure and warning. I recently made a large investment in precious metals. Forget what beauanderos just posted, PMs are going to tank now for sure. That is all. :mrgreen:

Forget what Ardent Listener posted. I recently sold some gold and silver. Both will skyrocket in the coming weeks.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Forget what those guys said. I bought and sold silver.. so it should stabilize. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Copper Catcher » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:33 pm

When someone sells...someone is buying. When someone is buying...someone is selling.

Depending on what you believe most of what drives this market are just two emotions: fear and greed. Truth and logic has been thrown out the door a long time ago so you might as well stop looking for that.
Copper Catcher

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:36 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:When someone sells...someone is buying. When someone is buying...someone is selling.

Depending on what you believe most of what drives this market are just two emotions: fear and greed. Truth and logic has been thrown out the door a long time ago so you might as well stop looking for that.

I need to buy more... more :twisted: I fear that I'm not being greedy enough! 8-)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Ardent Listener » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:04 pm

Fear and greed, not industrial demand, has always driven gold prices. That's one reason I fear gold itself, to a degree, as an investment.
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:06 pm

Ardent Listener wrote:Fear and greed, not industrial demand, has always driven gold prices. That's one reason I fear gold itself, to a degree, as an investment.

Now that is a good thought :idea:

However, do not underestimate greed. :twisted:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Neckro » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Greed and Wealth are the tools of the Devil.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:14 pm

I have been selling a little bit of silver I bought a while ago, but with the money I get I just buy more silver. I hope the price keeps climbing. However, if it takes a dive I will just buy even more silver! My problem is even when silver seems high like it does now, I still seem to find good deals on rarer or cooler stuff so must buy it. 8-)
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby fasTT » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:36 pm

God, I love this wall of worry conversation.

Talk to me at $90/oz. silver.
fasTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Market Harmony » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:01 pm

fasTT wrote:God, I love this wall of worry conversation.

Talk to me at $90/oz. silver.

I'm going to enjoy the conversation all the way to $90 :lol:
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals