Sprott on gold collusion between Central & Comm'l Banks

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Sprott on gold collusion between Central & Comm'l Banks

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Recent article by Sprott documents his thesis that Central Banks are low on physical gold, and colluded with commercial banks to drive down the price of paper gold in an attempt to cover overall economic failures.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-in ... sprott.pdf
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Sprott on gold collusion between Central & Comm'l Banks

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Just sort more...
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby schockergd » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:23 pm

I've said this from day #1
schockergd
Penny Pincher Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:03 am

68Camaro wrote:Recent article by Sprott documents his thesis that Central Banks are low on physical gold, and colluded with commercial banks to drive down the price of paper gold in an attempt to cover overall economic failures.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-in ... sprott.pdf

the sad thing is, there is not ONE institution, I grew up trusting, that I trust anymore.

trust is a currency this is so hard to garner, and so easy to lose....and I keep asking myself...WHY?

This country has been blessed with so much, in all ways, and how can we arrive at this day?....like this?

and its not only the "fault" of tptb, the body politic itself, the average man....me, us, them....its like everybodies gone to sleep, though the population of this forum does seem to be awake, as to the day we are at.

the questions I pose, are unanswerable, I guess.....its just history in all its sad repetition.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:01 pm

You can ignore reality, but you can't always ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

One of the best things about metals is that you don't have to trust them (notwithstanding fakes) since the trust is built in to their intrinsic properties; fungible, divisible, durable, portable, element=irreproducible. They are self regulating and self policing because the boundaries are built into their nature.

The establishment has been fighting nature for a long time, and won a decisive battle in 1971, but the longer it takes the pendulum to swing back toward equilibrium the more it will overcorrect. That's why it needs to be a longhaul play to win, but as Sprott has pointed out there are not many options left to keep free market forces at bay, and we are starting to see some signs of that giving way.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals