Conversion Calculator - Updated 90%, 40%, & 35%

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Conversion Calculator - Updated 90%, 40%, & 35%

Postby IdahoCopper » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:46 pm

I made a little Excel spreadsheet to convert the values of FRNs > .999 > 90% Face > 40% > 35% Face.

It will convert any value to any other value. Here is the NEW screenshot:

Just type in the current spot silver price and your known value into the correct white cells and the other 5 values will automatically calculate for you.

Download this file to use it:
http://www.idahocopper.com/Converter.xls
Last edited by IdahoCopper on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: Conversion Calculator

Postby Saabman » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Nice! Well done!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby LooseChange » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:43 pm

Cool Spreadsheet, thanks for posting. I have thought about making one of these in the past, but never seemed to get around to it.

It's much faster than breaking out the calculator each time the spot price changes.

Thanks!!
"You can go if you want, but all they make are coins there"- Quote from the Philidelphia, PA visitors center desk clerk, after inquiring about going on a tour of the MINT
LooseChange
Penny Collector Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:20 pm

LooseChange found an error in the 40% row at G13. I fixed it and uploaded the repaired version. You may want to download it again, so yours is correct. Thank you for the pointer.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:48 am

I added calcs for x-Face to the 90% and the 40%, updated the Excel file, and the screenshot. Press F5 key if you do not see the new screenshot.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: Conversion Calculator - Updated Again

Postby IdahoCopper » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:10 pm

A member pointed out that there are two silver fractions for USA 90%.

The silver dollars have .7735 TrOzAg each, but the 90% halves, quarters and dimes have .7234 TrOzAg per dollar of face value.

I added that distinction to the calculator. Its important because the XX.X times face bid/ask is significantly different.

To use the calc, delete the numbers in the white cells, put in the correct spot price, and enter your known value. The line will show all the other values, and the XX.X Face calc will show correctly for the known type.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby rsk1963 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:27 pm

you can use an import function from Kitco so it updates automatically in excel, every second of everyday

:thumbup:

makes your life way easier
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby dirty fingers » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:21 pm

I used the import function to link to kitco, and it works fine, but you have to hit a 'Refresh All' button to update it. I put this on a separate page (both gold and silver tables from current kitco and kitcosilver pages). I will pm send the updated sheets to IdahoCopper to allow him to update the pages.

I also changed the 'main' sheet (minus the kitco connection), so that you ONLY have to update the single spot price at the top, and the rest of the sheet properly updates. All of the other 'white' boxes are now proper formula values, and not hard coded.

Jim.
I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lime, ...and a shot of tequila.
dirty fingers
Penny Pincher Member

Postby hobo finds » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:36 pm

Why not add war nicks to this?
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Morsecode » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Very nice work. :thumbup:

How about one for .999 Ni...? :angel:
Let's Go Brandon Kamala