Online Auction Company not Delivering Gold Coins

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Online Auction Company not Delivering Gold Coins

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Pretty interesting story. Small auction company in Southern IL (perhaps Uthminsta should make a visit) is selling coins online and then... just not sending them out! Or refunding them for that matter!!!

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/08/12/c ... old-coins/

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Online Auction Company not Delivering Gold Coins

Postby christostock » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:44 pm

Sounds like a friend of Earls?
from globalgoldexchange in VA.
He is in jail now for doing the same kinda thing.
Some of you will know who I am talking about
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:18 pm

I actually was buying alot of stuff from Liberty (okay, running the bid up on stuff I wanted, but could never win). Maybe it's a good thing I didn't :shock: I did win maybe a dozen XF Walker halves that I took delivery on. I read about three months ago, maybe more, that there were some shady goings on with Liberty so I stopped using Proxibid at that time. Liberty was my favorite format for all the online auctions that were hosted under Proxibid. :thumbdown:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:20 pm

CLINT-THE-GREAT wrote:Pretty interesting story. Small auction company in Southern IL (perhaps Uthminsta should make a visit) is selling coins online and then... just not sending them out! Or refunding them for that matter!!!

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/08/12/c ... old-coins/

-The Great

I always felt the DEEPER we dig into the onfolding demise, the more and more of just such tom chicanery we'll see. If once trusted institutions become Untrustworthy, as they now prove to be, that will drip down thru the layers of ALL mercantile dealings....i'm surprised that we don't start hearing tales of postal workers jacking PM's....well, we WILL, but at what point?

this is all happening way too fast. Probably because info is disseminated way too fast.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:09 pm

CLINT-THE-GREAT wrote:Pretty interesting story. Small auction company in Southern IL (perhaps Uthminsta should make a visit) is selling coins online and then... just not sending them out! Or refunding them for that matter!!!

Aww, shucks, you guys figured me out. Now I have to refund your money? Dangit.
Just kidding. Actually, Vandalia is about a half hour from me... but I'd never done business with this place. And now I never will!
uthminsta

Postby beauanderos » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:02 pm

neilgin1 wrote:..i'm surprised that we don't start hearing tales of postal workers jacking PM's

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/409638/
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby 300Braveheart » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:26 am

Talk about raising your cost average... I won a gold coin from iOffer.com and it never shipped and turned out to be fraud. Fortunately all I lost was time because my credit card reversed the charge, but it was a long 60 days to wait to see if the vendor would contest it (they never did).
300Braveheart

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals