Don't stack and be this guy.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Don't stack and be this guy.

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:37 am

JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Don't stack and be this guy.

Postby Rastatodd » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:39 pm

As Shaggy would say "when you think you got it bad, some one has it worse than you." Keep that in mind when you think the world is coming down around your head. ;)
Last edited by Rastatodd on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby everything » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:34 pm

I don't think "that guy" is a stacker", sounds like he's injured (health wise), is not working, barely paying rent, the fact that he has some coins means .. he has not had to sell everything yet, but it appears that he most likely will.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:06 pm

everything wrote:I don't think "that guy" is a stacker", sounds like he's injured (health wise), is not working, barely paying rent, the fact that he has some coins means .. he has not had to sell everything yet, but it appears that he most likely will.

I just felt it was unfortunate the guy is down on his luck and values his silver. It sucks knowing you might have to sell stuff at maybe take a loss. Years ago, I had a police traffic ticket and no cash to cover it. Was going to sell my Madeira guitar to a guitar shop and they low-balled me. I did not sell my guitar. A friend loaned me some money. The way the guitar shop made me feel about my guitar's worth to this day reminds me that when you need money and someone knows it, they do not have to roll out the red carpet for you. I cite these CL ads for silver from time to time somewhat as a reminder that there are plenty of people who want silver and will pay decent amounts for it and there are buyers who know there are desperate sellers and will pay a substantial amount below spot to the seller since the seller realizes the buyer is making it convenient cash payout. Of course, the seller could have hot silver and any pawn shop or LCS offer is better than anything.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tedandcam » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:09 pm

everything wrote: but it appears that he most likely will.

Did sell. 17 day old post. Poor guy. His story makes me want to help him.

I wonder if its lance. Remember him? (bad joke :oops: )
tedandcam
Penny Collector Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:18 pm

tedandcam wrote:
everything wrote: but it appears that he most likely will.

Did sell. 17 day old post. Poor guy. His story makes me want to help him.

I wonder if its lance. Remember him? (bad joke :oops: )

I guess someone could act as semi-pawn to the guy if things were better outlined. In other words, the CL guy gets his silver pawned to an altruistic person who will do better than a local pawn. The guy does not have to sell his silver. It is collateral.

As an aside, maybe stacking is a good insurance thing in the case you have to pawn your stuff. However, pretty much understood you might get 50 cents on the dollar of spot for a pawn loan plus the interest, whatever that would be. Can you see why bitcoins by the way might have some problems down the road? How do you loan on a bitcoin?
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby silver » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:43 pm

Rastatodd wrote:As Shaggy would say "when you think you got it bad, some one has it worse than you." Keep that in mind when think the world is coming down around your head. ;)
silver
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals