Fresh thread: Stabilization of Silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Fresh thread: Stabilization of Silver

Postby scrapper2010 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:32 am

Seems like the price of silver has been relatively stable for a while now, high teens low twenties, compared to the last few years of wild swings in the $20, $30 and :P $40 range. After the big drops last year it seems to have settled down quite a bit. I don't know too much about the driving forces behind this and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the reasoning behind this stabilization. I admittedly haven't researched the charts so maybe this is normal or I maybe my observations are off.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Fresh thread: Stabilization of Silver

Postby beauanderos » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:36 am

Price suppression continues. Those marionettes who pull the strings won't allow silver or gold to dance too fast... that might attract a larger audience :roll:
Just console yourself by realizing you're getting to attend this off-Broadway premiere of the Precious Metals Caboret for much less than full price tickets would cost. :?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Fresh thread: Stabilization of Silver

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:39 pm

While I know the "stability" won't last forever, I have been enjoying being able to buy at a fairly consistent price. At some point, I expect it to start jumping around quite a bit, but I'll take the calm before the storm right now.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals