WARNING--"Chairman Of Joint Chiefs: US Ready For "Military R

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

WARNING--"Chairman Of Joint Chiefs: US Ready For "Military R

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:44 am

Chairman Of Joint Chiefs: US Ready For "Military Response" In Ukraine

With diplomacy having failed miserably to resolve the Russian annexation of Crimea, and soon East Ukraine (and with John Kerry in charge of it, was there ever any doubt), the US is moving to the heavy artillery. First, moments ago, the US DOE announced in a shocking announcement that it would proceed with the first draw down and sale of crude from the US strategic petroleum reserve, the first since June 2011, in what it said was a "test sale to check the operational capabilities of system infrastructure", but is really just a shot across the bow at Putin for whom high commodity prices are orders of magnitude more important than how the Russian stock market performs. And now, as Bloomberg just reported, the US has escalated even further, citing the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Martin Dempsey, who "has claimed that in the case of an escalation of unrest in Crimea, the U.S. Army is ready to back up Ukraine and its allies in Europe with military actions."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-1 ... se-ukraine

I know this off topic, but I had to send it.....i'm so furious right now at our "leadership"....they are sociopaths.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: WARNING--"Chairman Of Joint Chiefs: US Ready For "Milita

Postby theo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:24 pm

To play devil's advocate; I guess this administration can't do anything right. Obama was roundly criticized for his initially tepid response to the occupation. . . to paraphrase "If Russia does not stop its aggressive actions toward the Ukraine, we are going to join other nations in giving Putin the stink eye!!!!." Now the Administration (or at least the JCS) has decided to take a stronger line. It might be a risky play, but, it could get Putin's attention.

Also, I think that "military action" might have a broader meaning than simply general combat. I think that if Russia continues into the eastern Ukraine the U.S. could aid the Ukrainians with arms and training.

As one my co-workers pointed out, there are no good options here. If we sit back and do nothing, Russia either takes over or dominates eastern Europe and a new cold war ignites within 3 to 5 years. Threaten war and we've potentially involved an already exhausted, under-supported military in a major conflict where defeat is a real possibility. Don't forget the impact War would have on highly leverage economies and over-brought stock markets.

The bottom line is if Putin is the aggressive expansionist that I fear he his, then he will not stop until somebody stops him.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby johnbrickner » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:08 pm

Well, with Russian troops in Crimea there will not be "an escalation of unrest in Crimea," so us (US) is not going in. It's puff up the chest with saber rattling.
To be totally honest, I think it's the best we can do given the situation.

Add over extended, to Theo's list of our "military in a major conflict where defeat is a real possibility". I could be way wrong here but with a lot of planning, organizing and co-operation our logistics and supply will stretch to somewhere in Europe. Or w/o co-operation all the way back to the States United. Russia will have none of those problems. I'll go totally out on a limb here and say we are not going in, unless our leadership are not only sociopaths but delusional beyond Theo's idea of military action by giving aid with arms and training.

Additionally, Putin does not even have to allow Crimea into Russia. He can turn down their request and allow them to retain Independent State status per their "international Kosovo" legal definition. Hence, still a Russian puppet regime. Russia can far more easily guarantee Crimea's Independence than we can assure Ukraine to keep it or even assure civil obedience in Kiev.

He can allow his operatives to continue gently but assertively in eastern Ukraine, never send in troops (unless it is to stop Ukraine or others from doing so) and still have that region of Ukraine declare Independence on its own (more or less) at some opportune time in the not so distant future. If somebody wants to stop him, and I'm sure it would include us [(US) world policeman of the Empire], we would be playing right into China's hands.

In my eyes, the perfect scenario for China is to have us (US) and Russia fighting. China might officially claim it is bad for Russia to be taking chunks of Eastern Europe but won't do more than say so to stop it from happening. Unless the western world comes pleading on their knees holding gifts of I don't know what (Taiwan, the Diaoyu islands, Scarborough Shoal, all the other islands in the South China Sea, Demchok, Chumar, Kaurik, Shipki Pass, Jadh, Lapthal, Jiandao, Kula Kangri, etc.?).

China sits back and continues to accumulate resources with outright, at the source, purchases and diplomacy, while we and Russia expend resources duking it out over Ukraine? Winner . . . China.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Everyone seems to forget Obama's open microphone comment to the then outgoing Russian President: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE He already was in the process of making the deal with Russia to step away from having a missile defense in place to protect Ukraine, opening the door for Putin to walk right in and take over. The US want do squat.

McCain has this one right.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwCr__Sa ... 5Rqigv23EA
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:09 pm

I tried to watch that second clip that but I started gagging once I saw McCain's head.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Rosco » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:12 pm

blackrabbit wrote:I tried to watch that second clip that but I started gagging once I saw McCain's head.

:D :clap: :clap: :mrgreen:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:46 pm

blackrabbit wrote:I tried to watch that second clip that but I started gagging once I saw McCain's head.

:lol: Can't stop laughing...
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:13 pm

ok... this was pretty funny too. Was just linked to the same page from a coinflation piece... and while I'm rereading the Ukrainian readiness article... what appears along the left side of the page?

Date Russian women website :o :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby fansubs_ca » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:16 am

beauanderos wrote:ok... this was pretty funny too. Was just linked to the same page from a coinflation piece... and while I'm rereading the Ukrainian readiness article... what appears along the left side of the page?

Date Russian women website :o :lol:

Zero Hedge has ads?

I've never seen any but if they are Java-dependant to be displayed that may explain why.

Or was it somewhere else you were refering to?
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby dannan14 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:09 pm

The closest thing i get to ads is the number on the Adblock stop sign in the upper right hand corner of my browser going up :)
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals