For Those Not Getting eBay Coupons, This May Help

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

For Those Not Getting eBay Coupons, This May Help

Postby camtender » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:17 pm

My setting was NOT selected to get the coupons.................................

Sometimes, eBay gives coupons to members. Coupons can only be used if the seller accepts PayPal, and member eligibility can vary.

To ensure you’ll be considered for coupons:

1. Click My eBay at the top of the page. You may have to sign in.
2. Click the Account tab.
3. In the My Account section, click the Communication Preferences link.
4. Scroll down to the Promotions and Surveys section, and then click the Show link.
5. Select the box for General email promotions, and then click the Save button.

You might need to update your account details.
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Re: For Those Not Getting eBay Coupons, This May Help

Postby messymessy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:24 pm

Thank you. I always wondered why no coupons ever showed up in my email.
messymessy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:35 pm

mine was already set that way, but I don't recall getting any coupons

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Zincanator » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:59 pm

I got a coupon the other day for $10 towards a purchase if I listed and sold any item by March 22. Given the fact that I'm currently fighting a false "not as described" claim from an idiot buyer, I am reluctant to sell any more.

Buyers can demand a PayPal refund for ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. Even if the seller does not accept returns. Even if the seller states "as-is" in the auction. Even if you provide written instructions with illustrations and they decide to disregard. Even if they are 100% wrong and the claim is false.

If you don't defend yourself to the teeth like a rabid personal injury lawyer, they'll automatically ding your credit card on file for the amount and happily grant a full refund to the buyer. It can be exhausting. Even then, your chances of getting your item back in the same condition as sent (or at all) are slim to none. And since eBay's business model increasingly favors a buyer's side of the story, this sort of behavior is becoming disturbingly common on eBay.

Don't like something you bought on eBay? Buyer's remorse? Need money for a six pack? Simple - just claim it's broke or not what you wanted and BOOM!!!! Seller's problem! Full refund for you!!! Absurd form a seller's standpoint.

I sold a rare coin once and was accused of sending a counterfeit... luckily I had very high def pics of the coins to compare with any return. Otherwise, what was to stop the guy from returning a different counterfeit in exchange for my legit coin? That fact alone scared the lying buyer enough to give up on his BS claim. Just be careful out there.
Last edited by Zincanator on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Postby camtender » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:02 pm

Here is the e-mail from eBay I got the other day

"GET $25 List and sell an item by April 08, 2014, and get a $25 eBay Coupon when it sells*"
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Postby xippi » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:55 am

Zincanator wrote:I got a coupon the other day for $10 towards a purchase if I listed and sold any item by March 22. Given the fact that I'm currently fighting a false "not as described" claim from an idiot buyer, I am reluctant to sell any more.

I got this same offer , I ended up selling one item, waiting for my $10 coupon, fine print says up to 3 weeks after promo ends. :roll: :roll:

The $25 coupon is very nice . :clap: wish I got that offer
xippi
Penny Collector Member

Postby camtender » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:57 am

xippi wrote:
Zincanator wrote:I got a coupon the other day for $10 towards a purchase if I listed and sold any item by March 22. Given the fact that I'm currently fighting a false "not as described" claim from an idiot buyer, I am reluctant to sell any more.

I got this same offer , I ended up selling one item, waiting for my $10 coupon, fine print says up to 3 weeks after promo ends. :roll: :roll:

The $25 coupon is very nice . :clap: wish I got that offer

I got the coupon within a week of selling the item.
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:40 pm

thanks, I always wondered why I didnt get any coupons.. changed over.
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Zincanator » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:53 pm

Update to my rant - In the aforementioned BS "not as described" cannonball launched across my bow, PayPal has decided I'm not at fault, and didn't suck money from my credit card to line the pockets of the lying buyer. Thank you PayPal and God bless the United States of America.
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Chief » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:50 pm

Today I received a $10 off coupon. Just bought a Franklin Half for 20 cents. Silver for under face value, oh yeah!
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals