Face value of 23.50 in silver coins...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Face value of 23.50 in silver coins...

Postby 8bluecrayon » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:38 pm

From the coin collection I acquired, there is a total of 23.50 in silver coins. What might I expect to get for resale at the current spot price. Thanks in advance!
My 2 cents...
8bluecrayon

Re: Face value of 23.50 in silver coins...

Postby Engineer » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:46 am

Around here, the price is usually somewhere between the buy/sell prices of the big dealers. At the moment, Provident is selling at 15.99, and buying at 14.56 per dollar face.

They'd sell pretty quick if you price the lot at $360.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 8bluecrayon » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:08 am

Thanks Engineer.
My 2 cents...
8bluecrayon

Postby OtusLotus » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:44 am

you can go to http://www.coinflation.com to find out the prices per coin. They also have a silver calculator that will give you the same info.

There are also some apps you can download which allow you to enter the # of coins and it will give you value @ current spot. A few apps I have seen, however, reduce the actual weight to account for wear and tear. I usually enter the info into a few apps and average them.
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals