Gold Fraud Allegations Against Top Dealer in NW??? APJM

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gold Fraud Allegations Against Top Dealer in NW??? APJM

Postby camtender » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:59 pm

http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/apr/ ... vancouver/

"Documents obtained from the Office of the Secretary of State list Aaron Scott of Vancouver as the manager of Affordable Precious Metals and the president of Blue Moon Coins. Rodney Scott is listed as the owner of Affordable Precious Metals.............

People bought the coins as investments, hoping they would appreciate over time. Some victims, Price said, even cleared out their retirement and savings accounts to purchase the coins. The biggest reported loss to a single person was $166,000, he said.

Because the Blue Moon case involves so many victims, it has stretched the agency’s Major Crimes Unit thin, Price said. There is no unit dedicated solely to investigating property crimes."

http://columbian.media.clients.ellingto ... cops_1.jpg

http://www.ajpm.com/
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Re: Gold Fraud Allegations Against Top Dealer in NW??? APJM

Postby pennypicker » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:59 pm

I spoke by phone with these clowns a year ago after registering with their website. On their website they state they're a "big time" national dealer and buy & sell 1000's of 1 oz generic silver rounds everyday. Since I was a two hour drive away in Oregon I decided to call their walk-in store in Vancouver, WA. I told their customer service agent that I was going to be in Vancouver tomorrow and instead of ordering some 1 oz generic rounds through their website and having to pay shipping along with a 4 week delivery time, I would simply come into their store and buy them directly.

Instead of saying, "Sounds great" or something of that nature he instead hesitated and then asked, "How many do you want?" I replied, "Just 100, 5 rolls". He hesitated again and then said, "For that many you'll have to call ahead to our Portland store to make sure they have that many in stock and pick them up there". My immediate thought was did I insult him with too small an order and they don't want to bother with me so they are sending me to another store? Or is it that they really don't buy and sell 1000's of rounds per day as advertised and they didn't have 100 in stock?

Heck the "small-time" local coin shop in my then hometown of Eugene, Oregon will gladly sell you 1 round or a whole Monster Box of ASE's on the spot though their prices were .75 cents higher per round.

Needless to say after hanging up the phone and immediately cancelled my account with "big-time" national dealer Blue Moon Coins. :thumbdown:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:11 pm

I bought one of their Twenty Double Liberty Head listings maybe seven or eight years ago (the price was $805 per coin) and asked for as many differing dates/mintmarks as possible. They sent me nice coins with eleven different, the rest duplicates. I was satisfied with that transaction, perhaps their recent problems have just emerged.

The frickin games that the big bullion banks play are going to inadvertently (or maybe not so) ruin some of the dealers. :sick:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby camtender » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:34 pm

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/inde ... ces_p.html

"In addition to promising that the company will provide refunds or merchandise, Scott's statement Thursday went on to say that he has "no ownership interest" in Affordable Precious Metals.

That business is registered at 701 Main Street, Vancouver -- the same address where Blue Moon once rented a storefront. That address remains linked to Blue Moon in multiple state filings. Scott is listed as "manager" on Affordable Precious Metals' business license filed with the state.

Sounds like the son stepped on his tally wacker and implicated his dad's business with that statement....................

"Aaron Scott Becomes Partner
Growing up in his dad's coin business, Aaron bought his first coin at the age of six. By 13, he was spending his summers learning the ropes from his dad instead of spending his summers playing like the other kids. 2008 saw the culmination of an eight-year run where Aaron brokered over 100 million in product working with his dad.............................."
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals