Got a buy on a golden gram.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Got a buy on a golden gram.

Postby Rastatodd » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:56 am

Just wanted to post a "small" pick up of mine a .999 Sunshine Minting 1 gram gold bar for the amazing price of $38.75/shipped. Got it off eBid. My first time using that auction site. I hope it shows in my mailbox. I'm approaching this with some skepticism that whole "if it's to good to be truth, it usually is" thing.
Was cruising the web this early Sunday morning to try and find an alternative to the dark site eBay and found eBid. The prices at eBay are getting a bit ridiculous. :shock:
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Got a buy on a golden gram.

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:59 am

Let us know if how it works out. I have not tried eBid yet but ebay really could use more competition.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:43 pm

I used ebid once, it was the lowest price I could find for one of those .99999 pure coins. Everything went well.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rastatodd » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:33 am

I received my 1 gram gold bar in the mail, it was supposed to be a Sunshine Minting bar but the seller sent a Engelhard bar instead. Not a problem, I'm OK with that. I dropped it on my digital scale and it scales right on. I checked melt for a 999.9 1 gram bar, as of today with gold at $1302.30/oz. that bar has a value of $41.87. Purchased it for just under $3.00 under melt. I'll take that, thank you much. Will post pics. some time today. Just a follow up.
If you prruise the auction sites a deal can be had by one and all. :clap: :thumbup:
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:58 am

Great deal! Engelhard grams have a good premium.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Rastatodd » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:04 am

blackrabbit wrote:Great deal! Engelhard grams have a good premium.

That's what I thought. Couldn't believe the seller sent that instead of the Sunshine Minting bar. But I'm not complaining. SCORE!
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rastatodd » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:24 am

I got my digital camera out and snap a couple pictures. Sorry for the poor photography, I am dangerous as H*LL with this contraption. Sorry about the hair on the obverse.
ImageImage
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby twentybux » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:24 am

Nice score!
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Zincanator » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Really cool. Only gold I have in my stash is a 14k wedding band I found with my metal detector years ago.
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Robarons » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Very cool buy- Engelhard grams are hard to come by. Quite the substitute! I still do not know of any one that one do this. Likewise very worry some when some one randomly gives you something different.
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby knhorn » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:02 am

eBay is so strict these days that I wouldn't worry about not receiving your item. In the rare event that you don't receive something you ordered, you'll always get your money back.
knhorn

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals