Gold infused bills

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gold infused bills

Postby Engineer » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:04 pm

In short, a fractional gram's worth of gold is affixed to layers of polyester, creating a note – called an "Aurum" – similar in dimension and thickness to a U.S. dollar bill. This gold (usually 1/10th or 1/20th of a gram) is commercially recoverable.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-20/democratizing-gold

Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Gold infused bills

Postby scyther » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:48 pm

Cool idea.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby OtusLotus » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:44 pm

pretty awesome
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:04 am

Very cool, but too expensive. I kind of want one just for my own collection though.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:59 am

Adam and the folks over at Peak Prosperity have some thinkers on board: http://www.peakprosperity.com/
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby chester5731 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Myself and some of the guys at work did a group buy. I just called and paid for them and the fella said they were out of the first batch and working on the second the end of this week. I figure it is not much of an investment with the price but it is a nice novelty item.
chester5731

Postby InfleXion » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:14 pm

I can see these maybe being desirable by folks who can't afford very much gold. 1/20th of a gram is so tiny you'd probably drop it on the carpet and lose it if you had a solid piece, but the added cost over spot will steer me clear of these for investment purposes. I'd consider getting one as a novelty item, and that's probably what they're going for anyway. But, IMO not as cool as a $100 Trillion bill :D
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ShireSilver » Wed May 07, 2014 10:58 am

I have a few of these and they are very well done. I keep one in my wallet so I can show them off.

Of course, like my own Shire Silver cards they are definitely not meant for investments but are great as a cash-like alternative currency. Also like my cards they are an easy way to cheaply get tiny amounts of gold in a useful form (I also have cards with small amounts of silver).

I'm glad to finally have some competition in the precious metal currency market, and they have even matched my "world's smallest physical gold trade unit" at a 20th of a gram.
ShireSilver

Postby barrytrot » Wed May 07, 2014 12:26 pm

Wow, this is a great idea!
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby barrytrot » Wed May 07, 2014 12:30 pm

Looks like they are a minimum of $3,110 per ounce. I'm still buying a few though just to see them.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby cooyon » Wed May 07, 2014 6:05 pm

There were some in the BS KSAs that just ended Monday night.
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals