Which will be worth more in 5 years?......

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Which will be worth more in 5 years?......

Postby pennypicker » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:41 pm

In today's ebay market a person with $75 to invest can purchase three raw 2014 ASE's or for the same money can buy a generic ms-64 pre-21 Morgan.

Which of the two investment choices will be worth more in five years? And will it be close?.....Just some food for thought!
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Which will be worth more in 5 years?......

Postby barrytrot » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:08 pm

Hopefully the ASE's will be worth more ;)

If not, then silver has not performed well :(
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby justoneguy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Funny thing,
I just traded off a bunch of morgans for ASE's.
Most people think I'm crazy.
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:13 pm

I go with ASE
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rosco » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:07 am

Also give nod to ASE :thumbup:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby tractorman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:29 am

It seems common Morgan prices have pretty much held steady. When silver was 2x the price it is today, Morgans were pretty much valued the same as they are now ($25-30 or so). ASEs can be had for basically 1/2 the price as they were back then. So the smart strategy is to buy ASEs when the price is down and Morgans when the price is higher.
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:45 pm

pennypicker wrote:In today's ebay market a person with $75 to invest can purchase three raw 2014 ASE's or for the same money can buy a generic ms-64 pre-21 Morgan.

Which of the two investment choices will be worth more in five years? And will it be close?.....Just some food for thought!

the 3 Eagles....MUCH MUCH more.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:59 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
pennypicker wrote:In today's ebay market a person with $75 to invest can purchase three raw 2014 ASE's or for the same money can buy a generic ms-64 pre-21 Morgan.

BINGO!!! This was the answer I was waiting for because it is precisely the answer I would have given to the question had someone else proposed it other than myself.

With age comes wisdom and I'm guessing Neil, like myself, is no spring chicken :thumbup:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverstacker » Thu May 01, 2014 11:29 pm

I would have to to say the ASE's are the way to go. Then again when your right 50% of the time you are also wrong 50% of the time :lol:
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:00 am

pennypicker wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:

BINGO!!! This was the answer I was waiting for because it is precisely the answer I would have given to the question had someone else proposed it other than myself.

With age comes wisdom and I'm guessing Neil, like myself, is no spring chicken :thumbup:

You said Bingo as if neil got the question right, when in fact there's no way of knowing the correct answer. Then you go on to claim how wise you and he are for "knowing" this, while anyone who disagrees is apparently young and unwise. If silver holds relatively steady over the next five years or god forbid keeps on its downward trajectory, I hope you come back to this thread and recant your wisdom.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby DoctorMetal » Sat May 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Comparison thoughts...ASEs and Morgans are both bullion (>90%) coins anyway, but over the course of five years (hypothetically), there may be many, many "flash" market upswings, possibly involving Morgans (not just generics, but key dates and "flashy" show pieces) more than ASEs. May the flashiest coin win....
DoctorMetal
Penny Pincher Member

Postby pennypicker » Sun May 04, 2014 10:31 am

scrapper2010 wrote:You said Bingo as if neil got the question right, when in fact there's no way of knowing the correct answer. Then you go on to claim how wise you and he are for "knowing" this, while anyone who disagrees is apparently young and unwise. If silver holds relatively steady over the next five years or god forbid keeps on its downward trajectory, I hope you come back to this thread and recant your wisdom.

Neil didn't get the question right--he simply duplicated the feelings I have should the value of silver rise dramatically. Of course I can't predict the future but with age comes wisdom, and when one uses these tools (age & wisdom) one can make better educated guesses as to what the future holds based on life's past experiences.

Sorry if I offended you in anyway but I have confidence in my acquired wisdom and instincts resulting from my age and I will stand by them until they fail me....

pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Tue May 06, 2014 3:47 pm

pennypicker wrote:
scrapper2010 wrote:You said Bingo as if neil got the question right, when in fact there's no way of knowing the correct answer. Then you go on to claim how wise you and he are for "knowing" this, while anyone who disagrees is apparently young and unwise. If silver holds relatively steady over the next five years or god forbid keeps on its downward trajectory, I hope you come back to this thread and recant your wisdom.

Neil didn't get the question right--he simply duplicated the feelings I have should the value of silver rise dramatically. Of course I can't predict the future but with age comes wisdom, and when one uses these tools (age & wisdom) one can make better educated guesses as to what the future holds based on life's past experiences.

Sorry if I offended you in anyway but I have confidence in my acquired wisdom and instincts resulting from my age and I will stand by them until they fail me....

No I wasn't offended and i apologize. I just reread my post and realized that I sounded like a jerk.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby pennypicker » Wed May 07, 2014 8:21 pm

scrapper2010 wrote:No I wasn't offended and i apologize. I just reread my post and realized that I sounded like a jerk.

Another example of why I like Realcent so much--the overall quality and high level of integrity of its members :thumbup:

pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby carssman » Fri May 09, 2014 10:57 am

The ASE's 'should' be worth more but it wouldnt surprise me if the Morgans are,, they do seem to fetch over 22 for a Morgan nowadays easily,, that said they have a numis hedge to them. Just my 2 cents
carssman

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals