India and Silver Price

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

India and Silver Price

Postby silverstacker » Thu May 01, 2014 9:33 pm

I recently read a story through a couple of links that were provided to me on bullionstacker.com. I thought I would share one idea and open it up for discussion:

India Just Won’t Stop Buying

India imported 5,500 tonnes last year, 180% more than 2012. Imports comprised 20% of all global demand.

Last month’s silver imports were 250% lower. This was mostly due to the recent increase in import duties, and the fact that six banks got permission to import gold, which would soften purchases of me. This could partly explain why silver price has struggled.

But as long as politicians keep gold restrictions in place, Indians will keep buying silver.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: India and Silver Price

Postby Mossy » Mon May 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Big demand for Silver? Can't tell it by spot.

Then again, all they have to do is print more paper and call it "silver" or "gold".
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby agnaustic » Thu May 29, 2014 9:25 am

I have a few friends from India (the perks of being a graduate student). Gold is constantly in outrageous demand over there because of cultural foundations. Even those in poverty will own some gold jewelry. They say that silver is not in such high demand, but still all precious metals usually go for 10% over spot if it is within the borders. It's difficult to profit via importation due to custom costs, though.
agnaustic

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu May 29, 2014 10:44 am

Mossy wrote:Big demand for Silver? Can't tell it by spot.

Then again, all they have to do is print more paper and call it "silver" or "gold".

All this "silver shortage" stuff is BS. Just a bunch of bullion dealer propaganda.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Fri May 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Gold restrictions lifted. Bulls on parade.

http://www.fastmarkets.com/north-americ ... ault-75964
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals