legal tender in oklahoma

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

legal tender in oklahoma

Postby reddirtcoins » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:14 pm

All I can say is it is about TIME!!!

http://kfor.com/2014/06/05/law-makes-go ... sical-tax/
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: legal tender in oklahoma

Postby cooyon » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:25 pm

reddirtcoins wrote:All I can say is it is about TIME!!!

http://kfor.com/2014/06/05/law-makes-go ... sical-tax/

+1
Oklahoma is OK!
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby jaybird » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:15 pm

I think we have a similar law down here in Florida.
jaybird

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:00 pm

When the financial/fiat system crashes, this will happen practically overnight in every state.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby fansubs_ca » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:33 am

Definately makes things good for people going through OK, especially since
APMEX is such a big dealer and they are located there. That way people can
do an over the counter purchase without getting hit on the tax instead of needing
to do an interstate mail order to avoid it.
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ScrapMetal » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:18 am

“When you buy real estate or buy any investment, there is no tax on the purchase of it, and that’s what this is,” said Loveless. “It’s a nonsensical tax, I’m glad we were able to get rid of it.”

Is he sure about no tax on the purchase of an investment?
Depends what one considers an investment, right?

I am all for getting rid of taxes that only makes the state richer at our expense, but I think he is wrong in some of his quotes.

When you buy property, there may not be taxes to be paid upon purchase, but you can bet the state will soon be relieving you of your money.
Property taxes come to mind.

If I wanted to purchase a car as an investment, then I should not have to pay any taxes on that, right?

Also, all coins minted by the US are still valid legal tender and under the law, still can be used as currency. To me this law is pointless. Buying and trading currency should have no taxes attached. It is like saying if I went to the bank to exchange a $100 bill for fifty $2 bills, I should be taxed. Trading current money for older money (gold/silver) should be no different. Even if the older money trades at a premium, it is still considered money under the laws of the US.
ScrapMetal
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals