Walking Liberty Half Dollars to gain future premium?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Walking Liberty Half Dollars to gain future premium?

Postby paymehigher » Fri May 02, 2014 6:41 pm

I have a strong belief that walking liberty half dollars will gain a large premium similar to that of morgan and peace dollars. IMO they are a better design anyways. You also don't see an unlimited supply of uncirculated walkers like you do with all the MS+ dollars. Most of the half dollars are worn down to almost cull status. I think its probable that walkers will have this same large premium applied to them at some point in the future.

Does anyone agree with me?
paymehigher
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Walking Liberty Half Dollars to gain future premium?

Postby pennypicker » Fri May 02, 2014 8:33 pm

I too love the Walking Liberty and it is a design for the ages. Odd however is that the coin in higher grades is absolutely beautiful, yet in the lowest grades is ugly at best. It kind of reminds of that Seinfeld episode where Jerry's date looked fantastic in the light but was hideous looking in the shadows :o
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri May 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Walkers, Mercs, and Standing Liberty quarters, in the higher grades already command a premium... and deservedly so. They don't make em like they used to :cry:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Sat May 03, 2014 1:02 pm

oh goodness me, I've seen $10 face rolls trade between 65 to 100 times face in the past year(or two)......GEM/BU's of course.

one danger, some guys try to pass off AU's as BU's....its not the MOST heinous of sin, but its sin. Their "out" can always be, "I thought they were BU's", which is only an issue if you want to slab them.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby mr18 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:50 pm

beauanderos wrote:Walkers, Mercs, and Standing Liberty quarters, in the higher grades already command a premium... and deservedly so. They don't make em like they used to :cry:

+1
mr18
Penny Pincher Member

Postby kiwiman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:14 pm

I agree, they look great when they're in good condition but arent so good looking in lower grades
You could be sorting right now.
kiwiman
Penny Collector Member

Postby jaybird » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:46 pm

Not as bad looking as the standing liberty quarter in bad condition imo.
jaybird

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals