Anyone purchase Perth Mint saltwater crocs?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Anyone purchase Perth Mint saltwater crocs?

Postby madman326 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:21 pm

i pre ordered 10 perth mint 2014 saltwater crocs from provident and all 10 were junk!
with shipping they only cost me $22 a piece, but what really steams me is that provident sold these as BU coins.
mine all had several different issues with each one. milk spots, dullness, and scratches.
provident had the nerve to put a note on their web page about the possibilities of getting some damaged coins AFTER the ship date. they didnt know about these issues before shipping them?
a call to customer service got me nowhere. my review of the coins was being "sent to be reviewed", and no response yet to my email that was sent to the company. i might have to put provident on my naughty list.
anyone else have issues with these coins? provident metals?
madman326
Penny Collector Member

Re: Anyone purchase Perth Mint saltwater crocs?

Postby Diggin4copper » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:19 pm

I bought 15.. have not looked at them yet.. I will get back when I do.. seems all companies are cherry picking coins and slabbing the good ones and selling the rejects to the public. Sucks to be us...
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:03 am

Mine all have flaws.. Every one has a defect in the inner ring around the queens face, right across from her mouth is an imperfection. Half of them also have a filled in V in the word silver on the reverse. They are crap.
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:35 pm

Diggin4copper wrote:Mine all have flaws.. Every one has a defect in the inner ring around the queens face, right across from her mouth is an imperfection. Half of them also have a filled in V in the word silver on the reverse. They are crap.

What was the original wording of the Provident advertisement? I was listening to the Peter Schiff radio show tonight and a guy called in beaming how he bought 50 of those Croc rounds at near spot or something and felt the numi value of them would be very high and he was gonna do well holding them versus a silver eagle or other popular silver round. He was basing it on historic record of limited edition coins getting high collectable value I guess. Wonder if he got his coins yet? He might be in for a surprise.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Later » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:56 pm

Got 15 from apmex. All beautiful. Got them on May 30th when silver was at 18.75
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals