Wife says: "BUY SILVER"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Wife says: "BUY SILVER"

Postby SilverDragon72 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:13 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:See now if you were never married, you wouldn't need to ask her if you are allowed to buy it.

If it's money that YOU earned, you should be able to do what you want with it.

Your mistake was signing that marriage contract, which is really just a financial arrangement. It has nothing to do with love.

There is some truth to this.... :?
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:14 pm

AGgressive Metal wrote:You never know what kind of conversation you are going to wander into on a Realcent silver thread.

I don't believe in divorce, which is why I'm not married yet! Don't say "til death do us part" if you really only mean, "til we get tired of each others crap". :P

:thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:09 pm

rexmerdinus wrote:
Engineer wrote:Marriage changes women, and not always for the better.

It changes us menfolk too.

My therapist says its Stockholm syndrome. ;)
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby AdamsSamoa » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:53 pm

ha ha.... +1...
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:54 pm

I believe in marriage also, but a different type then some of the rest of you. I watched my parents in a loveless marriage my whole life. As they age, they are more and more bitter and alone. I watched the same way to relate to relationships get passed on to my siblings. They tell me they did this for us. they stayed together, sad and abrasive so we didnt see a "broken home". What do they think I saw instead? Surely not a loving happy home.

Where some of you are focusing on the "until death do us part" I focused on the "to love and cherish". You think you arent breaking your vows because you are together? pffft. If your heart is not in it, this has as much relevance as whether or not you are standing there. You picked the wrong person and dont even love them. She grew mean and bitter? Was this a lack of love perhaps? It sure seemed to be with my parents. By my math you broke the most important part of the commitment already. My wife and I grow more and more of a bond over time not less.

We reap what we sow my friends. Dont teach your kids to be empty inside like my parents taught my brothers, and I was lucky enough to bypass.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:26 am

Don't get me wrong dude. I love her, she is a great Mom and overall the kindest human being I know (kind to everyone but me).
We don't have a lot of conversations because I won't argue. Will I give my last drop of blood for her? Of course.

I honestly believe my wife has infinitely more value to humanity than I, and I love who she is.

But I hate static and I don't feel like arguing. So what? Do I divorce her? Hell no (I'm 25 years into it anyway). My life has more history than future.

But I refuse to have meaningless debates, with the circular logic women use.

This is why men die first, with their balls in a jar on the fireplace mantel.

We simply take the path of least resistance. Most of us do what we think is right. Because we know we are wrong, she is right, and it will never happen again.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby fansubs_ca » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:49 am

Engineer wrote:If she wasn't guaranteed half the fruits of my labor, watching her sit on her ass while I strive to get ahead wouldn't bother me so much.

It does seem a bit like slavery...
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:40 pm

You sound just like my dad thogey. and "she is a great Mom and overall the kindest human being I know (kind to everyone but me)" this sounds just like my mom. Perhaps this isnt just a natural thing like so many men think, perhaps shes bitter because of a lack of love. Im not saying you treat her bad or anything like that. All those little subtle things add up though. What if she had picked a guy she COULD have that type of bond with, would she have grown so bitter?? 50 whatever percent of marriages that fail arent really because they people arent trying hard enough as many say and think, they picked the wrong people from the start. You shouldnt need to try to love, Im not sure that even makes any sense. All my peers in such relationships just grow more and more empty over the years, they consider it responsibility. I consider it broken patterns being passed from father to son and mother to daughter.

anyway. Im very sorry if I offended anyone, wasnt my goal if I did. to each his or her own.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby amalekidad » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Ha, ha. You guys may have a bigger stack than me but…..
I have a smoking hot wife
She is nice to me (most of the time)
She even ‘lets’ me come home from work (on the weekends)
Did I mention that she drives me crazy?
I even get a small corner of one closet for my stack ….
All kidding aside. Love is a verb, we work hard at it. We have been married for 34 years.
Happily married does not have to be an oxymoron. Do you put as much effort into your ‘relationship’ as your stack?
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Postby 93_Confirmed » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:19 pm

My wife is an anti-stacker and reminds me of the falling POS every week. She fails to understand that it's a long game and likes to mock that I went so aggressive back at $32. :(
"When you place an order at NWT, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey". - natsb88
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:35 am

I was thinking it would be funny if all these wives were on their own site where they are posting about us. I guess it would be called realhousewives.org! :)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

NOTE: ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- often
substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) and selling short as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Tourney64 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:49 am

I'll never forget my wife blowing a fuse when I spent $3,000 buying silver when the price was under $4. We had the money to do it. We celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary this weekend.

My wife's attitudes have changed over the years, but nothing like your wife zoo.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby coppers4me » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:30 am

not trying to pry, But as for me and my wife, if we have issues we communicate and I mean sit down and tell each other what we really think. Sometimes it gets deeeep! but we still love each other and we get passed whatever the problem is. Sometimes we just misunderstand what the other is thinking, assuming the worst when it isn't that way at all. What i'm trying to say is DO NOT CLAM UP MAN TALK , don't be rude let her start, don't interrupt and tell her you expect the same when its your turn.
coppers4me

Postby silverflake » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Fellas, you're all making me realize how blessed I truly am! Gosh...I am 45, married my wife when I was 22 (she was 21). We met in trigonometry class in our junior year at high school in 1986 and have been together since. The secret? I married my best friend. No joke. Really good match too. She has a brain like a calculator, can squeeze 6 cents out of a nickel and does all of our short term money 'stuff'. Goes over each bill with a magnifying glass and will call cable company or telephone company to argue over a 50 cent charge for something we didn't do. I am the long term planner with investments and stacking. I keep my finger in the wind politically etc while she keeps tabs on the kids at school.

It ain't perfect but I will take it. Yes I am happy. You need to do things together other than the budget and arguing. We are avid runners so we go out together and run 10 miles. Great conversations on those runs. Reminisce with her. That's what really makes a moment sweet.

Well, she's mine and I am glad. To all you guys having issues, start with baby steps. Compliment her at least once a day. Leave notes for her. Build on that.

But don't forget to keep stacking. (Bring her in the mix on that too)
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:02 am

Sounds like we can use Dr. Phil on this thread!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

NOTE: ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- often
substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) and selling short as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Engineer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:29 pm

Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:35 pm

coppers4me wrote: What i'm trying to say is DO NOT CLAM UP MAN TALK , don't be rude let her start, don't interrupt and tell her you expect the same when its your turn.

I can't interrupt.

I haven't figured out how to put her head in a vice.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Thogey » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Engineer wrote:Image

This speaks. In so many ways.
Thogey

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals