Lost and Found

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Lost and Found

Postby beauanderos » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:55 pm

Ok, so getting old sucks. Walking halfway across the room and forgetting why you started. :oops: Not senile yet (Thogey will argue this point :lol: ) but the memory is slipping
more than I care to acknowledge. With every day there are new aches and pains, it's no wonder the wrinkled feebs all want to talk about their latest operations :roll:

So... I'm cleaning out a cabinet of a bunch of old plastic containers that I'll never use (haven't even opened that cabinet in a few years) and what do I find? I reach to
the top shelf and one small container seems a bit too heavy... and something is jingling faintly. I pull it down and peer within... and what greets my sore eyes but the sight of
gleaming gold, stuff I had forgotten I even had.

Certainly not as serendipitous as those folks who found the buried treasure in the mountains, but heck... I'll take BU gold any day of the week :)

Score? Two $10 Liberty Head pieces, three $20 Liberty Heads, and two of the 50 peso 1.2 oz Mexican gold rounds :mrgreen:

Apparently, there is an upside to losing your mind :lol: Now, if I could just find that roll of BU 20 Marks :roll:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Lost and Found

Postby Morsecode » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:10 pm

Call me when you want a hand cleaning the basement.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:20 pm

$2400
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby John Reich » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:52 pm

John Reich
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:02 pm

John Reich wrote:2401

yeah, right... when gold is at $375 an ounce :? :sick:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:31 pm

One of the advantages of getting old. You can hide your own Easter eggs!!! :lol:
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Ray: I think you might have forgotten that you agreed to sell me the whole lot for $975.00 shipped. :)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Morsecode » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:26 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:Ray: I think you might have forgotten that you agreed to sell me the whole lot for $975.00 shipped. :)

(Damn! I wish I thought of that first)
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby aloneibreak » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:56 pm

nice :thumbup:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby 93_Confirmed » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:17 am

Sounds like a KSA posting!
"When you place an order at NWT, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey". - natsb88
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Postby fansubs_ca » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:29 am

beauanderos wrote:Ok, so getting old sucks. Walking halfway across the room and forgetting why you started. :oops: Not senile yet (Thogey will argue this point :lol: ) but the memory is slipping more than I care to acknowledge.

I've never had a good memory so I'm used to working around it, yes I sometimes do the
go to annother room, then forget why until I've left that room thing. Though since I
know I forget stuff I generally develop systems of making stuff too obvious to not notice.

-Leave empty milk jug by the door to remind myself to get more milk.
-Leave dishwasher locked until I unload it so I know by the position of the lock
whether the dishes are clean or dirty.
-If the toilet plugs when I don't have time to unplug it (running to work, catch
a bus etc.) leave seat up because I know that will signal to me it needs unplugging
the next time I'm in the room before I use it.

Basically object placement in my house is my "external memory", it works pretty well.
Technically I don't really "forget" stuff, just don't always retrieve the information
immediately, then it comes back to me at some random time later. Basically I do
things on the assumption that I won't remember. (It's kinda hard convincing someone
who is starting to lose their memory to do this stuff though because they never believe
they will forget and don't see need to take action to work around it.)

beauanderos wrote:So... I'm cleaning out a cabinet of a bunch of old plastic containers that I'll never use (haven't even opened that cabinet in a few years) and what do I find? I reach to
the top shelf and one small container seems a bit too heavy... and something is jingling faintly. I pull it down and peer within... and what greets my sore eyes but the sight of
gleaming gold, stuff I had forgotten I even had.

OK, I can remember how much gold I have and where it all is and where I originally
acquired each piece...of course that might be because I have so little of it. ^_-
Silver I could probably estimate to within a few ounces. (Acquired in more places
in varying quantities over time so I don't remember every last silver dime and
quarter. ^_-)

Recyclersteve wrote:Ray: I think you might have forgotten that you agreed to sell me the whole lot for $975.00 shipped. :)

There is a difference between forgetful (needing memory jogged) and having outright
blackouts of time where you can't detect if people are BSing you or not. ^_-
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:21 am

We say a lot of things in jest on this site, but my heart does go out to anyone whose mental capacity isn't what it once was. It reminds me of the quote (not sure who to attribute it to) which goes "There but for the grace of God go I." Sorry- don't mean to get too preachy on this site. Not my style.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby silverstacker » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:09 am

The best movie quote has to go to Burt Reynolds in some bank robber movie in which he tells a younger robber in the bathroom as he is kneeling down

" boy I'm telling ya, the knees are the second thing to go". (Boy says) "well what's the first thing to go"? (Burt says) " I don't remember" :lol:

:lol:

I love that interaction it says a lot.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tedandcam » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:45 am

Recyclersteve wrote:We say a lot of things in jest on this site, but my heart does go out to anyone whose mental capacity isn't what it once was. It reminds me of the quote (not sure who to attribute it to) which goes "There but for the grace of God go I." Sorry- don't mean to get too preachy on this site. Not my style.

16th century English Church leader and martyr, John Bradford...closely related to Paul's writing in 1 Corinthians 15:10
tedandcam
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals