Wow! Some of the ask prices of online dealers

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Wow! Some of the ask prices of online dealers

Postby beauanderos » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:58 am

http://www.providentmetals.com/90-silver-proof-kennedy-half-dollars-10-face-value-roll.html :shock: :thumbdown:

Guess I won't be selling any of mine any time soon. Ok, heck... I'll beat Provident's price by $10 a roll, then turn around and buy $20 face
of junk in exchange. :shh: :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Wow! Some of the ask prices of online dealers

Postby Engineer » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:10 am

17.6% over spot on junk (dimes/quarters).
Last edited by Engineer on Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby dae2dae » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:20 am

confucious say marcus math shittier than water at tilapia farm
dae2dae
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Engineer » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:48 am

dae2dae wrote:confucious say marcus math shittier than water at tilapia farm

That's what they get for letting you swim with the fishes. :lol:

(I did the math on junk bags instead of the proof halves.)
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John Reich » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:49 am

It's not just the on-line dealers. I went to two of my LCS's yesterday, hoping to buy something. Best deal I could find was 2014, 1 oz silver Maples, at $20.00/ea. I guess I'll just hold the dry powder for now!
John Reich
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:25 am

We've said this many times before in different ways but it isn't spot that is important but net actual price. We hit min net price when spot was in the low 16s, even though spot went down to 15. Once immediate supply was sucked up premiums went up more than spot went down. As this reverses the higher premiums will remain even as spot goes back up, until demand is saturated again. Right how the best deals remain on RC. Chris has ASEs at just over 18.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby goodcents » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:09 pm

I would agree Chris has some great prices on bullion. Hard to tell if we will be down or up again on Monday but nevertheless Real Cent is where it's at!

Glad to be a part of this group.

Joe
goodcents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby theo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:52 pm

On Wednesday my LCS was selling 90% for 12 x face. Unfortunately he had precious little to available so I only came away with about about $4 face (including 3 walker halves) plus a 2014 Maple for $18.

I understand that every time we get a big bump down the premiums to spot goes up. But then as the price stabilizes the premiums seem to erode. PM experts have been arguing for the past couple years that, at some point, the physical and spot price would separate. However, assuming that price manipulation is a reality, TPTB have been remarkably successful at getting the market to accept each new price level.

I've been hearing that a physical silver shortage is inevitable since silver was in the mid-30s. However, aside from the U.S. mint's supply problems and the occasional rumor about Apple, industrial demand and what's left of investment demand appears to be sated at whatever price TPTB choose to set. I suppose there are three possible explanations. One, the claims of the physical are overstated. Two, shortages are occurring but they are being concealed from the public. And, finally third, physical silver is being supplied via an unconventional (illegal?) source, like for example rehypotheticated silver from one the silver ETFs.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Morsecode » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:00 pm

My flea market guy is holding fast at $25 for eagles and 18 x face on 90%.

He gives me a Friends & Family discount on the junk at 16 x face :lol:

And yeah, I'll buy ten dimes at that price just because.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals