silver in the copper search

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

silver in the copper search

Postby mauk13r » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:48 am

Yesterday I was going through some customer wrapped pennies and I found a nice 1957-d roosevelt :D That is a first for me of getting silver in a copper search. I am just amazed that with the price of silver up so high that someone would first miss the silver dime and then put it into a penny roll. Made my night.
mauk13r
Penny Pincher Member

Re: silver in the copper search

Postby Country » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:00 am

Nice!!! :mrgreen:

It's a lot better than a plastic penny....
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby TXTim » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:27 am

Welcome to the exclusive club!
Congrats!
Beer is my currency
TXTim
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:07 am

Yes, that is quite the exclusive club. Dont see that very often. Congrats.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby twentybux » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:46 am

I've found several dimes in penny rolls but no silver. Congrats!
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Roadrunner » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:59 am

Last night, I poured out a CWR roll of pennies, and there it was, a war nickel somehow wedged in there along with the pennies and an old mexican something centavos silver!
I was really excited because it was not only silver but now I could be part of the exclusive Realcent silver-in-copper club.

Then I woke up. Dang it! Seriously, this actually happened in my dream last night.
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Conga rats on your find. I've found one myself, but it was in a box of bank rolled. Yours is even scarcer because you would think someone would have noticed while rolling it. Maybe someone enlisted the help of their child for the unsavory task of rolling?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals