Amazon Advice

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Amazon Advice

Postby silverstacker » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:37 am

I received an Amazon gift card for Christmas and I don't want anything but PM's. I've never bought anything from that site and I'm quite sure they have inflated prices but nevertheless I'm going to buy something. Any recommendations for those of you that have bought from there or investigated the site for the semi best deal to go with? Gold or silver it doesn't matter to me as long as it's bullion. Thanks for any help.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Amazon Advice

Postby Sullysullinburg » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:59 pm

All prices are inflated no way around it. Most ASE on Amazon go for around $30. Can't really help you on the cheapest but u can tell you that only buy from people free shipping from Amazon. I order of Amazon before and half my order never showed up.
Sullysullinburg
Penny Collector Member

Postby justj2k78 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:48 pm

You can get some good cheap prep supplies on Amazon
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fansubs_ca » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:12 pm

If you are in the U.S. Amazon.com sells all kinds of household products that most people
use anyways like deoderant for example. So subsititute that for stuff you'ld otherwise buy
with cash and use the cash to buy PMs. (Amazon.ca doesn't have much beyond the basic
books and DVDs unless you include the "amazon marketplace" items where you have to
be a bit more carefull to check where that particular item comes from.)

Annother alternative that may work for you if you regularily shop at Wal-Mart:

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/23069 ... -cards.htm

For instance, customers can get 95 percent of the value of their Amazon gift cards
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby natsb88 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:56 pm

Not going to find good deals on metals on Amazon. Bullion is prohibited on Amazon. Some people list it anyway and avoid the word "bullion" in their description so the bots don't find it. Amazon fees are a minimum 15% of the sale price plus a flat fee depending on category. It's not cheap to sell on Amazon.

You can find coin supplies, prep supplies, household goods, electronics, etc. at competitive prices and use it on that. Free shipping if you order at least $35 in products sold by Amazon and/or sold by other sellers but fulfilled by Amazon.

Or I'll pay 90% for Amazon gift cards. You send the code, I apply it to my account to make sure it works, then send 90% of the face value fee-free Paypal.
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby brian0918 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:52 pm

For many people, an Amazon gift card is the same thing as cash. Amazon has almost everything, usually at good prices. If you can't find something to buy, you're not trying hard enough.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:10 pm

natsb88 wrote:Or I'll pay 90% for Amazon gift cards. You send the code, I apply it to my account to make sure it works, then send 90% of the face value fee-free Paypal.

+1

For a decent enough discount, you should be able to trade your Amazon gift cards for cash, silver, gold, PayPal, etc. If nothing else, list it in the KSAs with payment in 90%
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:14 pm

Engineer wrote:
natsb88 wrote:Or I'll pay 90% for Amazon gift cards. You send the code, I apply it to my account to make sure it works, then send 90% of the face value fee-free Paypal.

+1

For a decent enough discount, you should be able to trade your Amazon gift cards for cash, silver, gold, PayPal, etc. If nothing else, list it in the KSAs with payment in 90%

I'll up that offer to 92%. Same conditions as natsb88. :thumbup:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby messymessy » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:59 pm

I just checked silver prices on Amazon this morning and everything I saw was overpriced. Best bet is to trade here for 90% or sell it here for cash.
messymessy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TXBullion » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:39 pm

Country wrote:
Engineer wrote:

+1

I'll up that offer to 92%. Same conditions as natsb88. :thumbup:

Ill pay you 85% :wave:

Cheapskates.....

:thumbup:
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby silverstacker » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:24 pm

Amazon is gone only "BArnes and Noble" left. pM me
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals