Anyone recognize this "kiln"?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Anyone recognize this "kiln"?

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sat May 02, 2015 4:34 pm

All, not sure where to put this, but I'm going to an auction tomorrow which is the estate of the guy who used to own the local coin store. The auctioneer is advertising (2) kilns, and has one picture up. Anyone recognize this bad boy? Somewhere I can go to find values?

Oh, and Hi! It's been a while. :oops:
Attachments
kiln.jpg
kiln.jpg (39.33 KiB) Viewed 550 times
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Re: Anyone recognize this "kiln"?

Postby natsb88 » Sun May 03, 2015 9:00 am

Hard to tell from the photo. Could be a Paragon.

http://www.paragonweb.com/

Paragon makes decent stuff. Check the condition of the heating elements (no breaks, not stretched out, but don't touch them) and the refractory (no big pieces missing or heavily deteriorated). Also check the electrical requirements, make sure it isn't 3-phase (unless you happen to have a shop or something with 3-phase).
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Anyone recognize this "kiln"?

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sun May 03, 2015 8:16 pm

Thanks for the help, Nate! I was in the other ring when they sold, but I could hear they went higher than I wanted to go.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals