This is what it takes to get me buying again

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

This is what it takes to get me buying again

Postby beauanderos » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:24 pm

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: This is what it takes to get me buying again

Postby Doctor Steuss » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:49 pm

Wow, I would love to see one of those up close. Need to add that beauty to the wish list.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:30 pm

I imagine it will be a fantastic looking coin in person (of course... what else am I going to say? :oops: :lol: )

In my defense... it was a moment of weakness, most likely brought on by just having finished an audiobook by Bernard Cornwell... vikings against the saxons, lots of ships, blood, guts... you know... good stuff :thumbup: :lol:

"The Last Kingdom"
"Uhtred is an English boy of 9th century Northumbria, orphaned at ten, adopted by a Dane and taught the Viking ways. Yet Uhtred's fate is bound up with King Alfred, who rules over the last English kingdom, after the Danes overrun the other three. That war, with its massacres, defeats and betrayals, is the background to Uhtred's childhood, and leaves him uncertain of his loyalties. After witnessing a slaughter, he joins the English side just as the Danes launch their fiercest attack yet. Marriage ties him further to Alfred's kingdom, but when his wife and child vanish during a Danish invasion, Uhtred is driven to face the greatest Viking chieftain in a battle beside the sea, and there he discovers his true allegiance"--Container.

three more in the series... woohoo :clap:

anyone here ever read/listen to his Richard Sharpe series? Good stuff! :wave:
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Have read all the Sharpes and most of the rest of his. Good stuff.

If you liked the Sharpe series you'll love the Aubrey/Maturin English warship Captain series (21 books) by Patrick O'Brien. Same Napoleonic era, based in large part (though somewhat exaggerated) on a real English Captain named Cochrane (I believe). They did a movie out of a collage of a couple of the books, but while good especially if you had read them, it didn't do the books justice. The books have so much detail in them other authors have written several very detailed non-fiction accompanying readers containing related history of the details of his books.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:56 pm

beauanderos wrote:http://www.providentmetals.com/elemetal-2-oz-silver-privateer-round.html

Just had to snarf up a roll of these :mrgreen:

Wow - OMG. I've got to have some of these!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:37 pm

68Camaro wrote:
beauanderos wrote:http://www.providentmetals.com/elemetal-2-oz-silver-privateer-round.html

Wow - OMG. I've got to have some of these!

Yep... if this is the nature of the quality of their collaboration... I'm onboard :thumbup: :clap:
beauanderos

Postby christostock » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:43 pm

there may be a group buy at a better price on BS getting started!!
http://www.bullionstacker.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21231
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:14 am

I put in an order in the BS GB section...
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:26 pm

68Camaro wrote:Have read all the Sharpes and most of the rest of his. Good stuff.

If you liked the Sharpe series you'll love the Aubrey/Maturin English warship Captain series (21 books) by Patrick O'Brien. Same Napoleonic era, based in large part (though somewhat exaggerated) on a real English Captain named Cochrane (I believe). They did a movie out of a collage of a couple of the books, but while good especially if you had read them, it didn't do the books justice. The books have so much detail in them other authors have written several very detailed non-fiction accompanying readers containing related history of the details of his books.

me and my boys favorite film! he was 8......"Master and Commander-The Far Side of the World"

(don't mean to go off topic, but here's a doc on the real battle. I use white oak up in the northwoods....I did not know there was a rarer Live Oak down south)

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:18 pm

Constitution was both made of heavy live oak as will as a revolutionary (for the time) diagonal bracing structure that together made it essentially impervious to British cannon. It could destroy any British frigate yet outrun any ship of the line.
68Camaro

Postby pennypicker » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Those are exceptional looking. Not quite sure from the pictures if they have a reeded edge or not....
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:53 pm

pennypicker wrote:Those are exceptional looking. Not quite sure from the pictures if they have a reeded edge or not....

looks like they are reeded to me ;)
beauanderos

Postby jtlee321 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:58 am

The only way to have made those even more amazing, is to have made them by hand hammering them on hand poured blanks. Really give them a pieces of 8 look. I know the detail would have suffered, but......
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby xKOxJAKx » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:46 pm

Really glad I jumped into that BS GP myself after seeing the increased prices that Monday! Its like instant profit if you can sell them for listed value in the future.
xKOxJAKx
Penny Sorter Member

Postby silverstacker » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:41 pm

Ray, gets interested and a group buy gets started :clap: glad I was a part of it.

Those look amazing online can't wait
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby plus1hdcp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:56 pm

Am I to believe you actually stopped buying? Good to see your post Ray and I hope all is going well. :wave: Keep stacking!
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri May 15, 2015 9:12 pm

Got the GB shipment today. What an amazing round! I've got a couple other special ones but this one probably tops the lot of em. Amazing design and detail!
68Camaro

Postby silverstacker » Sat May 16, 2015 8:07 pm

My box of goodies should be showing up in the next few days. I can't wait after reading the rave reviews!
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TXBullion » Sat May 16, 2015 8:46 pm

That thing is pretty cool....
TXBullion

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals