Brinks Clear wrapped dimes

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Brinks Clear wrapped dimes

Postby UDEric » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:20 pm

I have the chance to pick up some boxes of dimes from a local bank that I know are Brinks clear wrappers. I've never had a box like that before (always have NF string in the green paper). Just wondering what results anyone may have had with these? Is it any different than the NF string boxes?

I'd guess that it's probably the same thing???
"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth"

"No army can stop an idea whose time has come"
UDEric
Penny Collector Member

Re: Brinks Clear wrapped dimes

Postby Corsair » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:29 pm

I've been doing Brinks dimes for a few years now. The clear wrappers are great, because you don't have to unroll them, as long as you have a bank that will take them back like that.

On average, I get one to two silvers per box. Got lucky once and found a Barber. I have a box waiting to do tomorrow.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Roadrunner » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:13 pm

Go for it!
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby twentybux » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:18 pm

My experience: exactly the same only different. Ha! Just a little different wrapping. No big deal.
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby PennyPauper » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:11 pm

I'd sort BWR's of dimes all day if I could. If you can get several boxes its easy.I used to buy from one bank,and return full boxes to another bank near alot of stores since they always need them.Or you can always dump a box on banks you do lots of transactions with.You don't get as many weird looks taking back dimes as you do pennies. I averaged 1-2 per box also,had several with 4-5 per box.As with all CRHing it's a crap shoot,but with silver price rising it's becoming
a better bet,since quarters have dryed up long ago,and most silver hunters will do halfs. Give it a try.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JustSayNoToFiat » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:05 am

My experience with them mirrors that of Penny Pauper's (1 or 2, possibly 3)

I prefer the Brinks boxes because its fast and you have alot less manipulation than String boxes (no cutting them open, returning them is easier, holding on to them a certain way to edge check hurts my hand after a while).
JustSayNoToFiat
Penny Pincher Member

Postby UDEric » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:45 am

Good stuff guys....so it seems that 1-3 a box is what you will get with some skunks scattered here and there. That is about the exact same results you'll get from an NF string wrapped box. I'll probably give a few of these a try in the coming months. Thanks to all for the responses!
"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth"

"No army can stop an idea whose time has come"
UDEric
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals