Selling a 10 toz bar fo silver for $10.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Selling a 10 toz bar fo silver for $10.

Postby silverflake » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:11 pm

Hey Neil, not to rub it in when I was in college in Boston, late 80's, we'd go hang around Fenway during a night game and if we couldn't sneak in (it happened once or twice) they would open up the gates along the left and right field sides and we'd waltz right in. Plenty of seats too just a year or two after 1986 series loss to Mets. Different times friend.

To stay on point with the thread, when I would start preaching to my coworkers about the destruction of our money and the place silver and gold should play in everyones lives, most would get the glazed eye look. Sigh...frustrating. One woman who I really admired (had a nice family and good attitude) would come to me every once in a while on the sly asking about silver because she thought gold was "too expensive". She would ask if buying sterling silver ware sets would fit into my scenario of buying silver. I always responded with the usual cost per ounce and how she'd be paying waaaay too much to have silver and that bullion was much cheaper. She found that answer not to her liking, wanted to buy 'nice things' instead of stuff she would hide away in a safe. I try guys, I swear, I try.

Stack like you mean it gang.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:02 pm

People could do a lot worse than have sterling tableware or gold chains and rings. Most of the gold owned by private Indians ((largest owners of gold in the world) is in the form of jewelry.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:42 pm

RichardPenny43 wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:...and the Cubs just disgust me, nothing lovable about losers, and the fans?...they care more about beer than baseball, and management KNOWS it...or has been said in Chicago, "Wrigley Field is the biggest gay bar in Chicago".

How dare you!!!

heeheeeheeee....you sound like my brother, he considers me an apostate baseball heretic....the 69 Cubs broke a 9 year olds heart,and the 75 Boston Red Sox reawaked it......what can I say. Listen, if the Cubs ever DO win a World series?, and i'm serious, I DO consider that an "End Times" sign, and will be looking for Messiah's coming down from the Heavens....I am totally (sort of) in earnest on this one.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:39 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
RichardPenny43 wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:...and the Cubs just disgust me, nothing lovable about losers, and the fans?...they care more about beer than baseball, and management KNOWS it...or has been said in Chicago, "Wrigley Field is the biggest gay bar in Chicago".

How dare you!!!

heeheeeheeee....you sound like my brother, he considers me an apostate baseball heretic....the 69 Cubs broke a 9 year olds heart,and the 75 Boston Red Sox reawaked it......what can I say. Listen, if the Cubs ever DO win a World series?, and i'm serious, I DO consider that an "End Times" sign, and will be looking for Messiah's coming down from the Heavens....I am totally (sort of) in earnest on this one.

Whoa wait a minute the Cubs are a legendary team in a very legendary area. It's an awesome atmosphere and more than 50 bars within a few blocks. The fans are TRUE fans. I can remember my grandfather telling me stories in the early twenties cleaning the seats at wrigley after the game for tickets to the following game. Say what you want about the gays but the south side Dirt Sox have more drive-byes then line drives. It's an awful area. So what if my Cubs lose I'm fine with that because I'm a true fan and not a bandwagon fan.

Funny story, in the eighties I used to tell my grandpa "this is the year" grandpa and my grandma as well. He would tell me to be patient every year because at that time he saw them lose for over 60 years.

Now let's talk about my Blackhawks :D
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:17 am

silverstacker wrote:

Whoa wait a minute the Cubs are a legendary team in a very legendary area. It's an awesome atmosphere and more than 50 bars within a few blocks. The fans are TRUE fans. I can remember my grandfather telling me stories in the early twenties cleaning the seats at wrigley after the game for tickets to the following game. Say what you want about the gays but the south side Dirt Sox have more drive-byes then line drives. It's an awful area. So what if my Cubs lose I'm fine with that because I'm a true fan and not a bandwagon fan.

Funny story, in the eighties I used to tell my grandpa "this is the year" grandpa and my grandma as well. He would tell me to be patient every year because at that time he saw them lose for over 60 years.

Now let's talk about my Blackhawks :D

Stack, my good friend, before I begin this post (off topic and forgive me for that gang) let me say that you and I are buds....and don't think this is a "flame"...its the cyber version of you and me sitting on the porch, good naturedly "breaking bolls"...we think alike in 98% of everything, so....know that....coz here it comes:

"legendary team?"....the Schlubs?.....err, the Cubs?.....what have they done "legendary" in the modern era? (1960-2015?)...oh, you mean the "legendary" collapse of 1969?.....or the "legendary" bartleman kid, sticking his paw and interfering with Alou to put the Marlins away?...the "legendary" trade of Lou Brock?...and "legendary area"....what, Lincoln and Addison?....and then bragging there's 50 bars in a 3 square block area?...oh night games at Wrigley are a lot of fun(/sarc) Hordes of 20 something drunks, suburban drunks I might add....who stay 3-4 hours, fighting and pissing in the neighborhood......not to mention, "wirgleley ville is part of "Boystown"....for those not from Chicago (and i'm not anti-gay, I believe in Liberty) but "Boystown" is this enormous gay ghetto, that's PART of where this unholy stadium sits....and you rank on Bridgeport?...where White Sox Stadium sits?.....Bridgeport is where the late Mayor Richard J. Daley humble bungalow still sits....hood rats don't DARE mess around in Bridgeport, coz that neighborhood watches out for itself.....and lets compare the parks.....no parking at Wrigley....oh yeh the locals can jam you for 35-50 bucks, and let you park in their garages or alleys......where at the Cell, there's about 7 different lots, where guess what?....you can engage in the family friendly TRADITION of "tailgating", which is bringing out the BBQ, tables, and enjoying some good family time before the game...OR, as I did, you go up to the immaculately appointed Upper Club Bar, which pregame and after has a $17 buffet with the finest of foods, and good folk....besides, the 2005 White Sox brought the city a World Championship:

I was there all the time, and 2006...they were MONSTERS, we were winners, the guys played with an intensity that was awe inspring, and it was Ozzie, who I will forever love for what he did for my son....I had front row seats, right on top of the visiting club's on deck circle, oh and I would give every player GRIEF...not saying bad stuff, but just getting in the their heads, by a constant good natured boll break....and mlb'ers will tell ya, they don't "hear nothing" from the fans, well when you got a guy, 10 feet away, with a inside baseball knowledge, just mimicking whats already going on in your head...I was a nightmare....like, "you guys aint hitting him tonight, coz you're all thinking ", probably wondering if he's gonna go up and in...or maybe he comes in with the low sinker, or , or , or .......let help you , after you leave here with your azzes kicked, call Pizzeria Due, they got the best deep dish pie Chicago, its loser comfort food, i'm giving ya pearls son"......oh that was fun....anyway, one night the ballboy brings a ball, hands it to my son, he was 11, sez, that's from Ozzie, it was an autographed ball...I looked over at him, across the way, smiled and mouthed "Thank You Oz", we smiled, that was a good night.

Legendary teams are the Dodgers, the Giants, the Cards, the Yankees, the Red Sox....coz they DONE something, they insisted on EXCELLENCE.....not the Cubs, their only hope is Theo Epstein, see if he can turn them around like he did the Red Sox...we'll see, I WILL be happy for ya'll, coz I am OUT of that crooked corrupt foul city, that's really what this is all about for me, I loathe Chicago.its gotten worse....the day I followed the moving truck way way way up north, I was very happy....its corruption and dysfunction is LEGENDARY....but I like you Stack, and I DO hope one day, your Cubs go all the way....serious, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:31 am

Neil, you are correct this isn't a place for this discussion and do understand they have made some colossal mistakes and errors throughout time but that's fine with me. When I say legendary I'm talking about the history of the Cubs and the Ernie Banks the Ryan Sandburgs and the Andre Dawson's. Even though he wasn't there the whole time. The Sammy Sosa corked bat wasn't a pleasure to witness but other teams (not mentioned) have done much worse with the likes of steroids and .....oh wait some team throwing the World Series to make a few extra bucks. I forgot who that was :lol:

Anyways, you and I are alike and can visualize us busting bolls on that porch you mentioned my friend.

By the way, I sent an email out this morning to a few family members as this is my second attempt to get them to watch the documentary " CItizen Four" but because it's only being shown on HBO documentaries everyone doesn't have that channel. Have you seen this documentary on the Snowden interviews? And the NSA boldface lying to congress. Very very good 2 hour documentary.

Alright we are officially off topic and I apologize for this as well. LMK if you've seen this yet or not

Take care my friend

Brian
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:02 am

68Camaro wrote:People could do a lot worse than have sterling tableware or gold chains and rings. Most of the gold owned by private Indians ((largest owners of gold in the world) is in the form of jewelry.

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby silverstacker » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:31 pm

beauanderos wrote:
68Camaro wrote:People could do a lot worse than have sterling tableware or gold chains and rings. Most of the gold owned by private Indians ((largest owners of gold in the world) is in the form of jewelry.

:lol: :lol:
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby silverstacker » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:34 pm

beauanderos wrote:

Actually that might be Neil and I on the porch debating baseball :lol:
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:46 pm

I thought you'd lost a lot of weight Ray?!! :)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals