oh oh on Monday

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

oh oh on Monday

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:03 pm

just in, Sat at 1400 hours (CST)

FX Brokerages Move To "Close Only" Ahead Of Monday Open

"Upcoming risk - Instruments moving to 'Close Only' mode
Due to the uncertainty surrounding the ongoing Greek debt negotiations, and ahead of a potential announcement over the weekend that could lead to high volatility on the market, please be informed that we have decided to decrease your risks by temporarily moving all Instruments to 'Close Only' mode, from 22:30 GMT+3 on Friday the 26th of June 2015, until 00:30 GMT+3 on Monday the 29th of June 2015, trading terminal time.
Please take this information into consideration whilst making your trading decisions".

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-2 ... onday-open

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greek IMF Default May Trigger €131 Billion Payment On EFSF Lonas
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-2 ... efsf-lonas

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greek Stock Market May Not Open Monday, Greek Officials Warn

Despite all the talk of "containment" and "Greece doesn't matter," not only are we told by anonymous EU officials that some banks may not open Monday but now, a Greek SEC Official has warned...
•*GREEK BOURSE MAY NOT TRADE MON IF NO ELA EXTENDED: SEC OFFICIAL

Greeks just got CYNK'd (or Hanergy'd).

by late Sunday night, early Monday in Europe, you'll be able to suss out where this is going.....might be no more cans to kick, if SO, watch how Deutsche Bank trades, that will be a good early indicator
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: oh oh on Monday

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Probably a good idea to keep a decent stash of cash at home and a very minimal amount in the bank. I've been doing this for the last 5 years.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:22 pm

yeah... sure... the one weekend I have to leave a considerable amount (for me) in the bank :sick:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:11 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Probably a good idea to keep a decent stash of cash at home and a very minimal amount in the bank. I've been doing this for the last 5 years.

sound advice.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:00 am

beauanderos wrote:yeah... sure... the one weekend I have to leave a considerable amount (for me) in the bank :sick:

OB, you'll be alright....you got them street smarts....but i'll tell you what, I am so angry at all these lil gray f###ks we call leaders...or leadership, not so much for myself,but for my 19 year old son...what kind of America will he inherit?...what examples of Liberty and Justice are his guides.....as God is my witness, flawed as I am, I have always tried to model and upright code for him....and I have set him up with a hidden retreat should things go south big time.

I am really nervous about tonights open in Asia, then in Europe...I keep hearing this word in my mind...."contagion", and with hot money being able to move so fast........

tonight.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:18 am

Where there is chaos, there is opportunity.

Stay sharp guys, and share your insights.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:06 am

IdahoCopper wrote:Where there is chaos, there is opportunity.

So with all this chaos in Europe coming to a head will "big money" move to the U.S. Dollar as a safe haven, thereby strengthening the dollar and causing PM's & oil to take a big hit on Monday?
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:37 am

I'm thinking TPTB will crush the metals on the open, anticipating a Grexit surge, and attempting to front-run it to decimate sentiment. :shifty:
beauanderos

Postby pennypicker » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:04 pm

beauanderos wrote:I'm thinking TPTB will crush the metals on the open, anticipating a Grexit surge, and attempting to front-run it to decimate sentiment. :shifty:

With silver already sitting at a very low $15.75 any "crushing" will create a buying opportunity not seen in years. :thumbup:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:52 pm

This is getting interesting. Is there any money in Greek banks? If so, it's staying there.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby pitw » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:55 pm

Just in case I'm ordering a hundred ounces today.
pitw
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:21 pm

pennypicker wrote:
IdahoCopper wrote:Where there is chaos, there is opportunity.

So with all this chaos in Europe coming to a head will "big money" move to the U.S. Dollar as a safe haven, thereby strengthening the dollar and causing PM's & oil to take a big hit on Monday?

sure the dollar can move higher, it did pre Lehman 08, and the aftermath, then it went to its low of 72....but that was 08-09,and yes, silver...paper silver did get crushed, but what about the premium on the physical?.......and even BIGGER than PM's, is global contagion.......anybody been scoping the Shanghai bourses, equities, in the last two weeks, they've taken a 25% haircut....that's called a CRASH.

lets look at JUST ONE major german, Deutsche Bank, who by themselves hold 75 trillion dollars in the same toxic debt mess, derivatives, that started the whole mess in 07-09....and that's just ONE bank in the Eurozone.....then lets look at us...our stock markets, which have been manipulated skyward by bank prop trading desks, which have been given funny money by the Fed...check out M1,M2 and M3 monetary charts, that's the printing presses, from 2001 to now, after 08, they all go parabolic, printing paper, but then go seek out the MV chart....monetary velocity, which is the rate currency goes THRU the economy....that chart, despite ALL the printing of fiat, is a spike DOWN, lower and lower.......18,000 Dow, 5,000 Naz, 2100 SnP?....for the past eight years, who've been the buyers? the TBTF banks, and HFT algo's....and if you watch the market move, its not a healthy market, its fragile, and ready to crack...I mean, what is it, when one of the main perps of 08, Jamie Dimon, is America's newest billionaire?....that's capitalism? F no! that's CRONY capitalism, that corporatism....and all these guys KNOW the hole they dug, from lowest to highest, so they're just "getting their's" before the jig is up

and that could take the form of bail-ins, or bank holidays, and what you think all these people, we see in Mark Dice's, "buy my Golden Maple for $25" will do?.......when their ATM doesn't work, or they go to sleep on Friday with a $1000 in the bank, and wake up on Monday with $850, or $600 in their accounts, lining up to get $200 because capital controls been put in, then they scurry to wal-marts with a horde of desperate folk, grabbing everything from shelves that just get more bare?

what then?......massive civil unrest....civil unrest is too mild a word, you'll have regular folk out on the streets, along with an army of rapacious scum criminal elements.....and what do you think this jade helm was all about?....or the surveillance state, or the hidden codicils giving the figurehead president dictatorial powers?....and it wasn't some whistleblower that blew on jade helm, the gmmt ITSELF made double sure people knew about it, and they even kept it coming thru their phony fear mongering honey trap sh#theads, like Alex Jones and his sleek studios, day after day spread the fear......talking about "what he has been hearing from 'patriots' on the inside, who cant reveal their identities"....what bs....how do I know?....he's still alive, while he continues to scream about "revolt"....that$'s how I know.

even up here, way in the outback....spooky stuff, in the past two weeks, I've had multiple fly overs by c-130's screaming in 100 feet off the deck, in two's and fours, multiple formations of Ch-47's Chinooks, right off the deck....here, on this ridge, in the middle of nowehere....I go into town, county seat, 4,000 people, there's a MAJOR training base about 150 miles north, place is huge, and everytime I come into town.....on one of the main STATE highways (two lane, four thru town) I see 70 to 100 mil vehicle convoys, up amoured Humvees, every different kind of support truck you could dream of........haven't seem any real armor, but they're not stupid, they know folks are watching...but what are folks gonna do?...they're just driving thru....for now, besides, the wheels fall off the wagon, they'll have bigger fish to fry than a sleepy county seat of 4,000, when the urban areas blow.

if i'm so wrong, why is it, in this election cycle, the dems only have one candidate?.....when an incumbent president is coming to the end of his term, everybody and their mother in that party throws their hat in the ring......but that aint the case with the repub's...how many "choices" we got there...oh boy howdy...aint freedom fun?

Now we'll all see if lil ole Greece is the black swan domino, but brothers......best hit the local grocery store and make a massive purchase, of non perishables, find good hidey holes for your lead, and PM's....and BEWARE of ANYBODY preaching "armed revolt"...coz they are most definitely a govt shill...isn't the time now.

sorry to be such a bummer, but I say what I feel......oh yeh, get your Bible close, coz the Lord is gonna be the root of ALL your strength, He is your Comforter, your Shield, your Refuge, there is None Other. n

here's on the FEW sane voices left in this country: Paul Craig Roberts...its 17 minutes...just listen, wont be a waste of time, I promise:

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:21 pm

pennypicker wrote:
beauanderos wrote:I'm thinking TPTB will crush the metals on the open, anticipating a Grexit surge, and attempting to front-run it to decimate sentiment. :shifty:

With silver already sitting at a very low $15.75 any "crushing" will create a buying opportunity not seen in years. :thumbup:

I'm talking twenty cents down silver, ten dollars down gold
beauanderos

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:24 pm

pitw wrote:Just in case I'm ordering a hundred ounces today.

due respect?.....best head out and get 3 to 6 months of food and water....i'm not kidding...since your a Canadian brother, you don't have the 2nd amendment, but food and water....asap. said gently in love, n
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:53 pm

JUST IN:
Greek Capital Controls Begin: Greek Banks, Stock Market Will Not Open On Monday

"Update 2: Greece's Skai reports that if/when banks reopen (supposedly on Tuesday), a 60€ withdrawal limit will be imposed.

Update: In a televised address to the nation, Greek PM Alexis Tsipras assured Greeks that their deposits are safe despite an upcoming bank holiday and despite the fact that Greek stocks will not open for trading on Monday. Tsipras also said Athens has re-applied for a bailout extension and urged Greeks to "remain calm" in the face of what is sure to be a turbulent week.
•GREEK PRIME MINISTER SAYS GREEK PEOPLE SHOULD REMAIN CALM
•GREEK PM: BANK OF GREECE PROPOSED BANK TRANSACTION RESTRICTIONS
•GREEK PRIME SAID GREECE RE-APPLIED FOR BAILOUT EXTENSION
•GREEK PRIME MINISTER SAYS DEPOSITS ARE COMPLETELY SAFE

Earlier:

Despite the reassurances from any and all elected (and unelected) officials, given the run on bank ATMs in Greece has turned into a stampede, it is not surprising that:
•GREEK BANKS TO REMAIN CLOSED FROM MONDAY FOR A WEEK: PIRAEUS BANK CEO
•PIRAEUS BANK CEO THOMOPOULOS SPEAKS TO REPORTERS IN ATHENS

The announcement was made when Piraeus Bank CEO Anthimos Thomopoulos told reporters after a meeting of the government’s financial-stability panel on Sunday. The launch of capital controls just as the Greek summer tourism season starts, is sure to be the final crushing blow to Greece, whose entire economy will now grind to a halt. "

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-2 ... sed-monday
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:39 pm

beauanderos wrote:I'm talking twenty cents down silver, ten dollars down gold

I got ya. For whatever reason when I hear the word "crushing" I revert back to my college middle-linebacker days when crushing meant a devastating, ground shaking, injurious blow! When a wide-receiver would lie on the field motionless with blood trickling from his nose. When all that could be seen or heard was paramedics running onto the field while family members in the stands stood in disbelief--some with hands over their mouths, others with tears in their eyes---man I miss those days :twisted:
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:53 pm

pennypicker wrote:

I got ya. For whatever reason when I hear the word "crushing" I revert back to my college middle-linebacker days when crushing meant a devastating, ground shaking, injurious blow! When a wide-receiver would lie on the field motionless with blood trickling from his nose. When all that could be seen or heard was paramedics running onto the field while family members in the stands stood in disbelief--some with hands over their mouths, others with tears in their eyes---man I miss those days :twisted:

Europe....FTSE, DAX, CAC stock exchanges, if they don't plunge more than 5%, I will be surprised, then when we open, same thing, NYSE, Nas, and SnP, less than a 5% slam, i'll be surprised, so silver......$1-2 lower, Gold, $30-50 lower, just my opinion...you COULD see a 2.00 move up in the USD, with the Euro crashing to 105...we'll see....im reading Greek banks will be closed to 7 July

the only out the Greeks have, is if this referendum says "yes" to the ECB, that way he can say, 'the people spoke'.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:08 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
pennypicker wrote:

Europe....FTSE, DAX, CAC stock exchanges, if they don't plunge more than 5%, I will be surprised, then when we open, same thing, NYSE, Nas, and SnP, less than a 5% slam, i'll be surprised, so silver......$1-2 lower, Gold, $30-50 lower, just my opinion...you COULD see a 2.00 move up in the USD, with the Euro crashing to 105...we'll see....im reading Greek banks will be closed to 7 July

the only out the Greeks have, is if this referendum says "yes" to the ECB, that way he can say, 'the people spoke'.

Wow that's a big decline on Monday Neil. I guess I will keep Chris's box open for a few days :thumbup:
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals