Gold Going Mainstream

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gold Going Mainstream

Postby beauanderos » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:49 am

In just another sign of public awareness widening regarding gold, Yahoo Finance just added gold to it's data board: finance.yahoo.com
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Gold Going Mainstream

Postby UDEric » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:54 am

Gold has been on their data board for a while I believe. It seems as though they are finally actually taking the time to update its movement. Without a doubt I agree that it's going somewhat mainstream but that's a relative term. If you could put the % on the amount of people that could quote you golds spot price today in our country I bet it wouldn't be higher than 10% still.
"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth"

"No army can stop an idea whose time has come"
UDEric
Penny Collector Member

Re: Gold Going Mainstream

Postby beauanderos » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:24 am

I get some pretty crazy answers when I involve people in conversation regarding gold. "It's going up, isn't it," they say... "what, it's about $700 now, right?" They stare in stunned disbelief :o when I tell them how high it really is. I've started evangelizing about silver when I'm out in public. While I was waiting to deposit zincs the other day in the merchant line at BOA, I struck up a conversation about "got silver?" with the guy next to me. I guess he was a manager or supervisor at a pizza parlor, according to his monagrammed jersey. He said "yeah, I bought a few thousand dollars worth of silver a few years ago, but people still don't know, do they?" He explained that some moron had paid for their pizza with a BU roll of silver rosie dimes. :shock: I asked what he had done with them and he laughed "kept them, of course." I offered him $80 and he took my phone number. Hope he calls :)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals