Bitcoin Rising

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Bitcoin Rising

Postby IdahoCopper » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:48 am

BTC was at $310.60 this morning, up about $80 from its recent ~stable price around 30 days ago.

The Boyz have a difficult time manipulating the price of Bitcoin, they can't make phony contracts and they can't print more whenever they please.

BTC price is an excellent bellweather on just which way the real economy and the public's trust in fiat is headed.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: Bitcoin Rising

Postby aristobolus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:37 pm

Where does one by bitcoins?
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:43 pm

aristobolus wrote:Where does one by bitcoins?

Coinbase is a good exchange.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:29 pm

Government/CIA creation. Stay away from it.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:17 pm

BTC was over $1000 when the Cyprus bail-in happened, primarily due to businesses needing a way to transact while their banks were on holiday. I can definitely see the benefit of a decentralized currency, and this doesn't look like a terrible price point to get in on the action, but I could never invest in something that requires electricity and an Internet connection to get my money back out of.

I'm not sure it would be that difficult to manipulate, if it isn't already. As the only free market I know of, anybody can buy up as much as they want to do a pump and dump.

To me it seems more a bellwhether of where the economy has gone than where it's going, if it makes much difference. As in more a reactive currency than a predictive one. Not that there aren't always some ahead of the curve and maybe smaller movements could foretell larger movements, but most of the herd doesn't make a move until there is pressure applied.

I also echo CPH's sentiment in that the last few years I have had the concern that BTC or a technology similar to it would make the ideal global currency for a cashless society. While some purport that the blockchain can be used anonymously even though it tracks all transactions that ever occurred, the truth is that you can only be as anonymous as your IP address which can be discovered in most cases.

The only thing it really does to thwart the establishment is remove their ability to print money out of thin air since the protocol has a built in deflation algorithm, but when taking into consideration that the primary aim of fiat currency is debt slavery, and that the aim of debt slavery is control, I'm not so sure they wouldn't be willing to give that up in exchange for people not being able to buy and sell without being on the grid. Once that is a reality, pretty much anything can be forced onto the population lest they be rejected from being able to transact. Debt slavery isn't necessary if actual slavery can be achieved.

I would however look to BTC as a leading indicator of what precious metals could do thereafter, since the population is always slower to go back to tangible assets which are less convenient, but nothing is more trustworthy, and metals are the logical choice when all else fails.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Robarons » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:59 pm

Not going to lie but I am surprised this still a thing- its curious this still has value and is still in demand after fallen out of Media eye. Haven't heard a peep about bitcoins from anyone in awhile
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:47 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Government/CIA creation. Stay away from it.

amen...plus, its "locked up" in that cyber-electro world I cant control....unless I can lay my hands on MONEY within 2 minutes, and that includes "Safety" deposit boxes, i'm not interested. everything I was brought up to TRUST in?....no more.....except for God and a few stalwart fellows, that have proved their trustworthiness and honor. I don't trust in ANY "institution" anymore, crooks, liars, and thieves, the whole of 'em.....because they SHOWN they have no honor, nor deserve to be trusted.

that's just my opinion....somebody has a different opinion?....no problem, that's FREEDOM...and Liberty. Let Freedom reign.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:43 pm

Robarons wrote:Not going to lie but I am surprised this still a thing- its curious this still has value and is still in demand after fallen out of Media eye. Haven't heard a peep about bitcoins from anyone in awhile

It has a strong following of technogeeks who profit from using their computers to do the mining. The blockchain technology provides many uses outside digital currency, and it is expected that the Bitcoin model will find other technical applications in the future.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals