China News

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

China News

Postby silverstacker » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:29 pm

Read this news today that caught my eye:

"As of the end of June 2015, China’s official gold reserves were 53.32 million ounces (1,658.48 tonnes), the People’s Bank of China announced. This is an increase of 604 tonnes since the last time the central bank updated"

That's a lot of Gold!

Brian
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: China News

Postby highroller4321 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:52 pm

silverstacker wrote:Read this news today that caught my eye:

"As of the end of June 2015, China’s official gold reserves were 53.32 million ounces (1,658.48 tonnes), the People’s Bank of China announced. This is an increase of 604 tonnes since the last time the central bank updated"

That's a lot of Gold!

Brian

I would bet money they didn't announce their full reserves.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:52 pm

I read a piece today that suggests that the China news about their gold reserves is the cause for the latest drop in the price of gold. Here's the best part:
As for the large seller on Comex, Brien Lundin, editor of Gold Newsletter, said that if that was related to the China news, “it’s only by way of taking advantage of a perceived news event to attack the market.”

“No one dumps that much of a commodity that quickly to get the best price,” he said. “Their intended purpose is purely to drive the price down. It’s outright manipulation that wouldn’t be allowed in any other market.”

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-hovering-near-8-month-low-2015-07-17?dist=afterbell
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:59 am

China clearly needed to announce a new number and it needed to be high enough to match minimum expectations, but I don't for a second believe that 600 ton increase is the full extent of their reserves. They can play word games as to what are official reserves but if you do the math they have at least 6000 tons if not more.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby sparechange » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:41 am

Maybe they dropped a place on the abacus.
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:28 pm

highroller4321 wrote:
silverstacker wrote:Read this news today that caught my eye:

That's a lot of Gold!

Brian

I would bet money they didn't announce their full reserves.

the PRC is lying, their gold reserves are somewhere between 15 to 20,000 metric tonnes, AND they have been steadily and very quietly divesting themselves of their US Bond holdings......for context, ex-Congressman Ron Paul for years, demanded an audit of our gold holdings, which were in the 8,000 plus metric tonne range, he was never able to force an audit.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals