Fake JM Silver Bars coming out of China!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Fake JM Silver Bars coming out of China!

Postby pennypicker » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Older youtube news clip showing a fake large (50 oz?) JM silver bar and other items that were sold to a local Portland, Oregon coin shop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inn8iVASxLY
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Fake JM Silver Bars coming out of China!

Postby silverstacker » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:14 pm

Yep..those dirtbags scammers are cashing in. I've helped my LCS a few times and about a month ago a guy came in the store with 50 stagecoach 1 oz bars and the LCS knew I bought a fake one and had words with NTM about this. There is a missing leg on one of the horses that gives it away. The owner actually asked me :D

I confirmed as they weighed as well.

Even the carded Perth , PAMP, Istanbul(you name it) are counterfeited . I believe it's harder to detect the carded ones because no one wants to take it out of the card. I'm away from the carded gold due to this.PMV or not it's just to risky to me.

Brian
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:43 pm

silverstacker wrote:Yep..those dirtbags scammers are cashing in. I've helped my LCS a few times and about a month ago a guy came in the store with 50 stagecoach 1 oz bars and the LCS knew I bought a fake one and had words with NTM about this. There is a missing leg on one of the horses that gives it away. The owner actually asked me :D

I confirmed as they weighed as well.

Even the carded Perth , PAMP, Istanbul(you name it) are counterfeited . I believe it's harder to detect the carded ones because no one wants to take it out of the card. I'm away from the carded gold due to this.PMV or not it's just to risky to me.

Brian

And... the powers that be have NO interest in putting an end to this as this is just another means of accomplishing their goal, to deter precious metals investment demand by decimating sentiment... whatever the means. I imagine it wouldn't be much of a surprise if anyone once burned on a large purchase by learning when they went to sell, that they were sitting on fakes the entire time, would turn from PM's in disgust cursing "Never again!!!!"
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Mr Paradise » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:36 pm

Morgans are highly faked as well by the Chi-Coms, high quality specimens flooding the market.
Mr Paradise
Penny Sorter Member

Postby TXBullion » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Not much risk in counterfeiting pennies since either way a counterfeiter will spend more make a fake one in material/labor :) always can go that route :)
TXBullion

Postby Mossy » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:36 pm

No collectables for me, either.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Doctor Steuss » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:43 pm

Mr Paradise wrote:Morgans are highly faked as well by the Chi-Coms, high quality specimens flooding the market.

I'm surprised the Secret Service isn't more involved in this, since Morgans are legal tender.

They spend money going after creator of Liberty Dollars (which were actually silver), but keep on letting this trash infect the market.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby natsb88 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:45 pm

I really don't think the 50/100 oz JM bar in the video is fake. He was just giving an example.

There are many fake 1 oz JM bars (gold and silver) and I have seen a 10 oz fake JM bar advertised, but not in person or anywhere other than the one Chinese seller supposedly offering them.
natsb88

Postby InfleXion » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:51 am

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mr Paradise wrote:Morgans are highly faked as well by the Chi-Coms, high quality specimens flooding the market.

I'm surprised the Secret Service isn't more involved in this, since Morgans are legal tender.

They spend money going after creator of Liberty Dollars (which were actually silver), but keep on letting this trash infect the market.

The Liberty Dollar was competition for the dollar. It's in the interest of dollar dominance to allow fakes of recognizable silver because that destroys confidence in the physical market which is also competition.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals