one sale of Franklin 90's prices silver at $34 toz

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

one sale of Franklin 90's prices silver at $34 toz

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:12 am

a brother brought up, quite thoughtfully, that if we KNOW the board is jimmy rigged, why do we regard it as true price discovery?

I been following a bunch of Ebay AUCTION's (as opposed to buy it nows) of quality $10 FV rolls of 90%'ers, from quality sellers, that I have done previous business with, in this case, roger "hsturn", and a roll of 1960d Franklin GEM/BU's traded for $239.50, bought by a gut with 680 transactions...meaning he's not a baby stacker, and using my simple, count on my fingers calc's (7 toz per 10 face) this comes out to roughly $34 the toz.

I know its only one transaction, simply because i'm just waking up, but I personally adjudge Ebay, in all its flaws, to be the REAL free market as opposed to the jimmy rigged market known as Comex, because which one is going to buy and take delivery (lol) of five 1000 toz wholesale loaves of Ag?

i'm well aware of a numi premium in this roll, BUT, that is what one stacker(collector) is welling to pay for 90% Ag US coinage from a reputable seller. I even hesitate to say the word "premium' , ie.... a $20 premium over 'spot', because 'spot price' is bollshot!

now at the other of the spectrum, a roll of 64 Kenns, offered by a seller, "purpledogmusic" who himself has 306 transactions sold this roll via auction for 139.99, to a buyer with 73 transactions. (i'll link these up) which would price the Ag at roughly $20 the toz.

But as I see this auction of 64 Kenn's, is fraught with potential nightmares, first , the ONE picture is ill light, and second the seller is kinda effed up , because he specifically states, "no returns", which imo, is POOR Ag selling practice.....i'm not SAYING that "purpledogmusic" is up to something, but does the seller know what the scene is regarding the chicom counterfeiting of silver coins?...I don't know if the buyer with his 73 transactions knows, because he was so desperate to get this roll, he triple stacked his last three bids...poor fella. i'm not saying he's an "idiot", but he's sure rolling the dice. the roll COULD real 64 Kenn's....or it might not be, and which case, he cant return, and I doubt he would be able to tell if they WERE fugazi's. and if he could tell, to his horror, that he was buying the product of commie criminals, what recourse does he have......Ebay?

oh please, geez louise.....and this seller has 10 more rolls, auctions ending in 6 days....all the initial bids from 99 cents to 3.25
http://www.ebay.com/sch/purpledogmusic_ ... 7675.l2562

anyone up for rolling the dice?......not me.

here's the Franklins that traded at 23.9 FV from roger hsturn
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-ROLL-1 ... 7675.l2557

and heres the purpledog roll of 64 Kenns that traded at 13.9 times face
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-1964-Kennedy ... 7675.l2557

I hope everyone had an outstanding holiday weekend, n
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: one sale of Franklin 90's prices silver at $34 toz

Postby beauanderos » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:26 am

You either ante up, or you don't get to play.

Tethered to normalcy bias :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:13 am

beauanderos wrote:You either ante up, or you don't get to play.

Tethered to normalcy bias :lol:

amen....y'know OB, when I review my life, I don't think I ever tended to "normalcy bias", which is why a lot of people call me "weird", which i take as a compliment.....as the great film director Akira Kurosawa, one of my favorites, wrote:
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

in that vein, off topic, let me turn you onto the last scene in Kurosawa's "Yojimbo" (Bodyguard), saw this when I was ten on Chicago public TV, Ebert, (before he became EBERT) was curating a Friday night series of important foreign films, after this last scene, man, i ,lil ten year old, just sat spellbound, i had never saw a film, so different, visceral and COOL...i wanted to be just like Mifune, a bad ass loner protector...to me, he was cooler than cool....i began to seek out any book i could on Japanese culture, which just fascinated me, the old stuff, the way the houses were built, samurai's, the language...everything, including the women, especially the women, which got me into trouble later in life.(hey, i wasnt the only one of us two, "playing" around, i say with regret) American dudes think Japanese women are prudish...ha!....quite the opposite, in the late 80's, early 90's, they were MAD with lust for American boyfriends, and a lot of fun....anyway, enjoy the clip, its a great film:

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:44 pm

I have about 20 Franklin half bank rolls that have never been opened. I bought these 30 years ago, at spot price. :D
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:49 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:I have about 20 Franklin half bank rolls that have never been opened. I bought these 30 years ago, at spot price. :D

Lucky you :clap:
beauanderos

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:22 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:I have about 20 Franklin half bank rolls that have never been opened. I bought these 30 years ago, at spot price. :D

and now you have this overweening urge to sell them to me at spot?!?...or maybe make an offer? (i'm not a commie)

oh you dear sweet beautiful wonderful man! thank you! Pm me at your convenience.

Your generous kind heartedness just overwhelms me.

(teasing....I think)
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:04 pm

Knock it off, LB... green-eyed envy is not your look! :lol:

beauanderos

Postby smalltimeopn » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:07 pm

Nice!!!
smalltimeopn
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals