APMEX running low on 90%

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: APMEX running low on 90%

Postby TXBullion » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:04 pm

Know Common Cents wrote:I generally like APMEX and can herald my successes with them on e-Bay, but their withholding of US 90% as well as US 40% and warnix is clearly intentional.

Plenty of cull Morgan and Peace dollars, though. Give me a break.

Im not sure one way or the other but I'm assuming its possible that if they were out of stock on a bunch and just listed a bunch, this could have been the down time for when they bough from customers and were waiting on receipt of items before posting for sale. I don't think they play those games, they live on turn ( actually I could be wrong since I remember reading they were scandalous on their self branded Libertad products) Not sure either way.
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:33 pm

beauanderos wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:FYI... all 90% is back in stock on Apmex. $6.49 over spot.

not sure what you're looking at? They aren't offering any type of half dollars, not even 40%. They don't have mercs at all, they don't have rosies except for BU rolls priced at 17.8X

they don't even have war nicks... all they are offering is quarters, at the price point you mentioned.

LOOK.. HURRY UP!

http://www.apmex.com/category/25830/90-silver-rolls-bags-generic
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby CardsNCoins » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:37 pm

Nearly a 50% premium.
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:47 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
beauanderos wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:FYI... all 90% is back in stock on Apmex. $6.49 over spot.

not sure what you're looking at? They aren't offering any type of half dollars, not even 40%. They don't have mercs at all, they don't have rosies except for BU rolls priced at 17.8X

they don't even have war nicks... all they are offering is quarters, at the price point you mentioned.

LOOK.. HURRY UP!

http://www.apmex.com/category/25830/90-silver-rolls-bags-generic

This is starting to smell like a collaborative online dealer "let's-hold-stock-back" price fixing scheme, first to induce uncertainty regarding sourcing, followed by panic-buying at
prices they determine with an exorbitant premium. The opposite of the old pump and dump gold/silver miner stocks con... only in this case dump (hold back) the junk... pump the scarcity, and then
jump the price?

Dump, pump, jump? Why not... it'll do until we think of something else. oh wait... how about "dump lumps, pump slump, pump jump, humps jump." If you can figure out how to work "mumps"
into that doggerel, then "you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!"
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:23 pm

beauanderos wrote:
This is starting to smell like a collaborative online dealer "let's-hold-stock-back" price fixing scheme, first to induce uncertainty regarding sourcing, followed by panic-[b]buying at
prices they determine with an exorbitant premium. The opposite of the old pump and dump gold/silver miner stocks con... only in this case dump (hold back) the junk... pump the scarcity, and then[/b]
jump the price?

I would not be surprised. Collusion runs high with these PM dealers
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:15 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
beauanderos wrote:
This is starting to smell like a collaborative online dealer "let's-hold-stock-back" price fixing scheme, first to induce uncertainty regarding sourcing, followed by panic-[b]buying at
prices they determine with an exorbitant premium. The opposite of the old pump and dump gold/silver miner stocks con... only in this case dump (hold back) the junk... pump the scarcity, and then[/b]
jump the price?

I would not be surprised. Collusion runs high with these PM dealers

I agree this is starting to smell funny
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:13 pm

Well... that didn't last long :shock: APMEX had stock in a fair number of categories... they're now back to almost no junk.

http://www.apmex.com/category/25800/90-40-35-silver/all

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals