BitGold - Scam or Legit?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

BitGold - Scam or Legit?

Postby Copper Catcher » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:07 am

Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: BitGold - Scam or Legit?

Postby chris6084 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:29 pm

Still not sure if it is a scam or legit. Too new of a company to buy gold and let them store it. To redeem gold, you pay a $25 fee plus shipping and insurance which would be too much for me.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scrapman1077 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:52 pm

If YOU don't hold it YOU don't own it.
scrapman1077
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby InfleXion » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:58 am

I read the Legal documentation on their web site. While official sounding enough, a couple things jump out at me. For starters, the formatting looks like something I could have put together myself in a standard document editor. The other thing is that there is a fair amount of wording around their click links and banners, and how you are allowed to use them. It reminds me of when I used to work for a free internet provider during the dot.com bubble, a technology company trying to squeeze money out of advertising. FWIW that company I worked for went bankrupt owing over a $million to MCI for the free internet we were giving out without a profitable business model which was solely dependent on advertising. Not exactly apples to apples here, but it has the same feel to me.

I think scrapman has it right. Digital gold undermines the inherent properties of physical gold that makes it an attractive investment for me.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:07 am

scrapman1077 wrote:If YOU don't hold it YOU don't own it.

there ya go....that's the deeefault setting, for sure

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:28 am

InfleXion wrote:I read the Legal documentation on their web site. While official sounding enough, a couple things jump out at me. For starters, the formatting looks like something I could have put together myself in a standard document editor. The other thing is that there is a fair amount of wording around their click links and banners, and how you are allowed to use them. It reminds me of when I used to work for a free internet provider during the dot.com bubble, a technology company trying to squeeze money out of advertising. FWIW that company I worked for went bankrupt owing over a $million to MCI for the free internet we were giving out without a profitable business model which was solely dependent on advertising. Not exactly apples to apples here, but it has the same feel to me.

I think scrapman has it right. Digital gold undermines the inherent properties of physical gold that makes it an attractive investment for me.

in short, they're just servants of satan, gonna split hell wide open, the lot of 'em....toss Jamie Dimon and Jon Corzine down there too, let 'em learn their lesson, which isHELL IS A MILLION DEGREES HOT!!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals