paid $5 over "spot" for 20/2015 Maples and i dont care

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

paid $5 over "spot" for 20/2015 Maples and i dont care

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:27 pm

I know a lot of guys, buy MUCH much more than that......but buying 20 toz of the PREMIUM .9999 2015 Maples?....that's a big deal for me.......and paying $5 over the "board", which I regard as a PHONY criminal enterprise, am I REALLY paying a premium, or just hitting a legit FREE MARKET ask? bought two 10 toz coin lots for 408 and some change.....no big deal, but I had one of those moments I used to get on the trading floor during the mid 80's, say when July Bellies were trading $2 over July Hogs...i'd get that feeling, "only $2 over?"....walk in July Bellies....buy some, rush over to the July Hogs, short an equal number against them....wait a month, sell the bellies $12 over the hogs, $3800 profit a car...those were the days.

anyway, MCM....I like them....you know what spooked me? this article:

BEWARE: What If This Retail Silver Investment Shortage Doesn’t End?

"Not only has the present retail silver bullion product shortage continued for several months now, what happens if it never ends? This may seem like a play on hype, but if the U.S. or World experiences another Black Swan event like the Lehman Brothers collapse in 2008, physical silver demand will likely explode to levels much higher than today.

One of my readers contacted me yesterday with some interesting information. He stated that he called his coin shop and found out that new Silver Eagle orders will not be available until 2016. I wanted to know if this was true, so I contacted some of the large online Dealers and asked them what the current situation was in the silver supply demand picture from their perspective.

I did get conformation from one source (dealer) that they were no longer taking new orders for 2015 Silver Eagles. Now, this does not pertain to “pre-ordered” Silver Eagles by some of the retailers from the Authorized Dealers. Thus, some retailers may have purchased Silver Eagles 6-8 weeks ago, and will finally receive delivery in say 3-4 weeks. So, when an individual goes to one of these online dealers websites and notices Silver Eagles for sale with a 3-4 week delivery wait time, these were already pre-sold by the Authorized Dealers."

rest of article: https://srsroccoreport.com/beware-what- ... oesnt-end/
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: paid $5 over "spot" for 20/2015 Maples and i dont care

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:42 pm

https://www.texmetals.com/products/silv ... re=default

Texas Precious Metals has them in stock for $19.14. And they are a stand up outfit. Others types for less.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:55 pm

68Camaro wrote:https://www.texmetals.com/products/silver-coins?___store=default

Texas Precious Metals has them in stock for $19.14. And they are a stand up outfit. Others types for less.

thank you good sir, I didn't know of this outfit, i'll put them in my "metals" favorites folder.

hey! there's a gaggle of wild turkeys 50 feet away.....dinner anyone?.....naw, that'd be poaching, don't wanna do that.
oh, this are some good looking birds, Daddy and Mama, and a mess of adolescents.....
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby wheeler_dealer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:10 pm

go ahead and invite one over for dinner
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby wheeler_dealer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Regarding paying $5.00 over spot for Maples. Reminded me of a saying I heard "if you don't hold it you don't own it". With premiums being up in this market it doesn't seem too crazy.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:51 pm

Folks complain about "the premiums,' without realizing that the process that produces such disparity between an artificially produced
manipulated spot price, and actual silver in hand (purchased from whatever source) is actually price discovery in the secondary market! The long-awaited
divergence of paper and physical metals that everyone has been hoping for. :clap: The value that buyers are willing to attribute to the satisfaction of
taking delivery of physical shows how ludicrous the contrived COMEX futures derived pricing has become.

You want it... pay up. And better not wait too long. :shh: A good market barometer is the price "our" wholesaler's are willing to pay to acquire more inventory. And that number is climbing. :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:25 pm

I've been buying gold instead. Premiums are too high on silver right now.

Best not to lose your head over all this. Eventually the Ag supply will be replenished and the premiums will come down... it always does.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:36 pm

Sure. It will do that every time because it always has in the past. Nothing has changed. Or has it?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:20 pm

68Camaro wrote:Sure. It will do that every time because it always has in the past. Nothing has changed. Or has it?

Overall, at some point, eventually, in the future... it will change.

When will the change take place exactly?... no one knows.

I've been waiting for years and years. I'm quite ready for the change.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:46 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:I've been buying gold instead. Premiums are too high on silver right now.

Best not to lose your head over all this. Eventually the Ag supply will be replenished and the premiums will come down... it always does.

Buying gold right now isn't a terrible idea. Or buy .999 if you feel junk is too high. There's just something, though... about (as some call it) constitutional silver. The eras they changed hands lends them
historical significance, for some reminding them of better years long gone. Sure, generic rounds will perform the same function... but they sure do lack the panache of ninety percent coins (at least those
pre-1940. :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:25 am

beauanderos wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:I've been buying gold instead. Premiums are too high on silver right now.

Buying gold right now isn't a terrible idea. Or buy .999 if you feel junk is too high. There's just something, though... about (as some call it) constitutional silver. The eras they changed hands lends them
historical significance, for some reminding them of better years long gone. Sure, generic rounds will perform the same function... but they sure do lack the panache of ninety percent coins (at least those

I call it 90% or junk because I'm too lazy to type the word "constitutional" :)

I totally agree about the Ag rounds lacking panache. I don't own any generics or bars, just 90% and government bullion coins.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:45 am

In past tight markets large bars still had little to no premium and were in stock with immediate delivery. Now... 5.5% premium on 1000 oz bars with 1-10 day delivery. They are the feedstock for coins and rounds, so everything else downstream: 100 oz, 10 oz, 5 oz 1 oz (and the same in gram sizes: 10k, 5k, 1k, 500 g, 100g etc) have to have still higher premiums and longer delivery times. For now some exceptions still exist in limited numbers of limited types at limited locations, but the longer this continues the fewer options will remain. Time will tell if the demand continues long enough to drive this to collapse the futures market, but this is the model of what will eventually happen with no relief back to the previous norm. If the demand continues, then a true long-term disconnection from the futures market will have occurred and the commodities markets will have to reset.

http://www.commoditytrademantra.com/sil ... -and-bars/
68Camaro

Postby pennypicker » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:04 pm

beauanderos wrote:

Agreed. The first time the "tooth fairy" left a dime under my pillow it was a merc. It was the first time I had ever seen one and I fell in love with mercs (and later walkers) from that day forward. For me no generic round or bar can ever match the sentimental value of wartime 90% :thumbup:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Mr Paradise » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:08 pm

They're pulling so much Ag out of the ground their running out of animals to put on the stuff. I wouldn't be paying $5 over spot when it can still be had for under $1 ...silver is silver.
Mr Paradise
Penny Sorter Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:42 pm

Mr Paradise wrote:They're pulling so much Ag out of the ground their running out of animals to put on the stuff. I wouldn't be paying $5 over spot when it can still be had for under $1 ...silver is silver.

yeh, I know, but call me paranoid, when what happens in this video come to pass, silver and copper are great, but when you weigh all your metals, and that includes lead, you want to be heavily weighted to lead....and cold hearted.....so I don't mind paying 5 over

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby wheeler_dealer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:42 am

Well the video may seem dramatic, events similar to this may well happen someday.
Even if you 're paying a few dollars over spot the premiums are generally youre only risk.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:44 am

neilgin1 wrote:
Mr Paradise wrote:They're pulling so much Ag out of the ground their running out of animals to put on the stuff. I wouldn't be paying $5 over spot when it can still be had for under $1 ...silver is silver.

yeh, I know, but call me paranoid, when what happens in this video come to pass, silver and copper are great, but when you weigh all your metals, and that includes lead, you want to be heavily weighted to lead....and cold hearted.....so I don't mind paying 5 over

By acquiring PM's, we are prepping for the best case scenario... the US government/banks lose control, but not total control. It will be bad and there would be a few bank failures, but not the end of the world. People would still perceive gold and silver as valuable and a store of wealth.

However, if the whole thing gets phucked back to the stone age, PM's won't be worth anything. A can of beans and a few rounds of ammo might be priceless.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals