JM no longer producing 10 oz silver bars....

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

JM no longer producing 10 oz silver bars....

Postby pennypicker » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:25 pm

Checking APMEX price today on JM 10 oz silver bars and I see their on line price is $208 :o Are you kidding me?

Then I see a highlighted line by APMEX saying JM is no longer producing 10 oz silver bars and when APMEX's stock runs out that will be it for good--wonder what prompted this decision by JM?

No matter though as I subsequently picked up a 10 oz Royal Canadian Mint bar for $167.10 from baypreciousmetals on ebay--a higher quality bar at a much better price :thumbup: No thanks APMEX.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: JM no longer producing 10 oz silver bars....

Postby beauanderos » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:10 pm

JM got bought out by an Indian company.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby cooyon » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:59 pm

pennypicker wrote:Checking APMEX price today on JM 10 oz silver bars and I see their on line price is $208 :o Are you kidding me?

Then I see a highlighted line by APMEX saying JM is no longer producing 10 oz silver bars and when APMEX's stock runs out that will be it for good--wonder what prompted this decision by JM?

No matter though as I subsequently picked up a 10 oz Royal Canadian Mint bar for $167.10 from baypreciousmetals on ebay--a higher quality bar at a much better price :thumbup: No thanks APMEX.

I hope this transaction goes OK......I almost ordered from BPM on ebay, but I looked at their negative feedback and neutral feedback...they don't seem to be too concerned about providing good customer service, at least that's how I saw it.....again, I hope you don't have any problems with them.
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby pennypicker » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:08 pm

cooyon wrote:
pennypicker wrote:Checking APMEX price today on JM 10 oz silver bars and I see their on line price is $208 :o Are you kidding me?

I hope this transaction goes OK......I almost ordered from BPM on ebay, but I looked at their negative feedback and neutral feedback...they don't seem to be too concerned about providing good customer service, at least that's how I saw it.....again, I hope you don't have any problems with them.

Thanks Cooyon for the concern. Actually I discovered baypreciousmetals on ebay two months ago and I have since had 14 outstanding transactions with them. So much so that they are now my "go to" company for silver. In all 14 transactions they shipped the 2nd day after the purchase via UPS. They ship through a program called "UPS Mail Innovations" where UPS transports the item and then delivers it to the buyer's nearest usps distribution center. Usps then takes possession of the package and delivers it locally. I've always received my item within six to seven business days after purchasing. Their packaging is superb, better than APMEX & Provident. The item is so well protected that I've almost damaged the original plastic sleeves on some 10 oz RCM bars. I even like their ebay shipping labels with the larger, bold font that is easy for the carrier to read.

This is a new company just six months old and they've already had over 21,000 ebay bullion sales--6634 in the last 30 days alone. I just reviewed their last 1300 ebay sales and just two neutrals showed up from the same buyer and were related to minor delays when UPS transferred the the package to usps. For the very narrow range of silver items I buy this company has the lowest prices by far and I highly recommend them!!!
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:18 pm

beauanderos wrote:JM got bought out by an Indian company.

Yup and the bullion lines are completely being shut down, and have been for months. The company bought JM for their refining processes.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby daviscfad » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:42 pm

Johnson matthey will regain its rightful spot above engelhard now!
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:44 pm

daviscfad wrote:Johnson matthey will regain its rightful spot above engelhard now!

Bahahaha I don't think so! :angel:
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby silverstacker » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:34 am

daviscfad wrote:Johnson matthey will regain its rightful spot above engelhard now!

Ha ha ha .... Never happen
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby twoten01 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:21 am

pennypicker wrote:
cooyon wrote:

Thanks Cooyon for the concern. Actually I discovered baypreciousmetals on ebay two months ago and I have since had 14 outstanding transactions with them. So much so that they are now my "go to" company for silver. In all 14 transactions they shipped the 2nd day after the purchase via UPS. They ship through a program called "UPS Mail Innovations" where UPS transports the item and then delivers it to the buyer's nearest usps distribution center. Usps then takes possession of the package and delivers it locally. I've always received my item within six to seven business days after purchasing. Their packaging is superb, better than APMEX & Provident. The item is so well protected that I've almost damaged the original plastic sleeves on some 10 oz RCM bars. I even like their ebay shipping labels with the larger, bold font that is easy for the carrier to read.

This is a new company just six months old and they've already had over 21,000 ebay bullion sales--6634 in the last 30 days alone. I just reviewed their last 1300 ebay sales and just two neutrals showed up from the same buyer and were related to minor delays when UPS transferred the the package to usps. For the very narrow range of silver items I buy this company has the lowest prices by far and I highly recommend them!!!

I love baypreciousmetals myself. How can you not. Especially their prices on the 10 oz rcm bar(the best non poured bar on the market), but just wanted to clear up they are not a new company(new on ebay), they are actually one of the biggest PM suppliers in the world. They just go buy another name, outside of ebay
twoten01
Penny Pincher Member

Postby pennypicker » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:13 am

Thanks twoten01 for the information. I'm very happy to know they are a major PM supplier and not just a new company as I had thought. This explains why they never run out of 10 oz RCM silver bars. When everyone else has been sold out for weeks Bayprecious metals keeps coming up with monster boxes after monster boxes. In just six months on ebay they have sold over 10,000 of these RCM 10 oz bars alone--blowing away all competitors.

Yesterday Paypal Digital Gifts had $100 ebay (email gift cards) for $95. I picked one up and used it to buy another 10 oz RCM bar from "Bay". With a net cost of $165 that's a way keep premiums down.
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby daviscfad » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:37 pm

They have a low premium on 1/10th platinum bars also
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals