New Chinese Silver Panda 2016

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

New Chinese Silver Panda 2016

Postby silverflake » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:35 am

So i was just over at Provident Metals this AM an I see they are pre-selling the 2016 Chinese panda coins. So I click to look at them and they are attractive. But they are stamped that they only weigh 30 grams or 0.9646 ounces. All previous years (and the standard for most sovereign mints) is 1 ounce. Anyone know why the sudden change in weight for China? Are they running out of silver? Price is currently over $20 too. Thoughts? Info?

Keep stacking, even if it's 30 grams at a time.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: New Chinese Silver Panda 2016

Postby silverstacker » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:19 am

silverflake wrote:So i was just over at Provident Metals this AM an I see they are pre-selling the 2016 Chinese panda coins. So I click to look at them and they are attractive. But they are stamped that they only weigh 30 grams or 0.9646 ounces. All previous years (and the standard for most sovereign mints) is 1 ounce. Anyone know why the sudden change in weight for China? Are they running out of silver? Price is currently over $20 too. Thoughts? Info?

Keep stacking, even if it's 30 grams at a time.

Is it sterling ? which makes 1 oz. Don't know why they would do that. Too bad
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:54 pm

They are changing all their bullion coins to a gram standard. No more troy ounces. Same metal .999 silver.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby 300Braveheart » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:03 pm

They are also replacing the sheets of 30 with sheets of 15. Wonder why.
300Braveheart

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals