PM spike again, won't last though

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

PM spike again, won't last though

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:58 pm

https://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=GC&p=d1

Gold spiked $25 dollars today :clap:... however, it's like I'm watching the same movie over and over again.

Unless gold breaks out of the $1140-1150 area, it will be the same old thing... a spike up, then an eventual drop down to lower lows.

I still think Au will end up somewhere in the $900's, and Ag in the $10-12 area.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: PM spike again, won't last though

Postby beauanderos » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:25 pm

Resistance and support levels mean nothing in a manipulated market. Today's breakout was likely a short-covering spike.
IMO... and these are just my own thoughts, not based upon anything I've read, but just from watching the price-capping, ad nauseum...
today's action is what we could expect, on sequential days, even weeks, were the markets free from suppression. Give em a week, they'll
have it down to where it was, or lower. :roll:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:02 pm

Yesterday the WSJ said the dollar is dropping because of something the EU did.
Oil rose on this yesterday.

I'm not going to pretend to understand how all this works but isn't that a big reason why many of you guy own metal?

That is the USD will decrease.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby InfleXion » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:04 am

beauanderos wrote:Resistance and support levels mean nothing in a manipulated market. Today's breakout was likely a short-covering spike.
IMO... and these are just my own thoughts, not based upon anything I've read, but just from watching the price-capping, ad nauseum...
today's action is what we could expect, on sequential days, even weeks, were the markets free from suppression. Give em a week, they'll

They don't mean anything for price, but I do think they impact the supply situation, because as people perceive it to be oversold they ought to buy more of it up.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby InfleXion » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:05 am

Thogey wrote:Yesterday the WSJ said the dollar is dropping because of something the EU did.
Oil rose on this yesterday.

I'm not going to pretend to understand how all this works but isn't that a big reason why many of you guy own metal?

That is the USD will decrease.

The only thing that makes sense to me, and I have no information, is that the Fed is funding the ECB via dollar swap lines, and I haven't noticed Germany complaining about Draghi's QE he's doing. Although I'm not paying super close attention lately.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:40 pm

Dec 4th PM spike completed full retracement today.

New lows coming soon. My guess is big spike down on Wednesday after the Fed announcement.

Dry powder! :thumbup:
Last edited by Cu Penny Hoarder on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:04 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Dec 4rd PM spike completed full retracement today.

New lows coming soon. My guess is big spike down on Wednesday after the Fed announcement.

Dry powder! :thumbup:

I agree with you... as far as a big spike down on Wednesday, but I think they'll slam it before the announcement, not after.
I don't get angry anymore... I just buy.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Shazbot57 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:17 pm

beauanderos wrote:Resistance and support levels mean nothing in a manipulated market. Today's breakout was likely a short-covering spike.

Ditto! :thumbup:
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals