Silver Grinch

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver Grinch

Postby knibloe » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:13 pm

Thought that the Silver Santa had paid a visit today. I was at the bank making a deposit and noticed that the teller had two silver halves. I pulled out a dollar and waited for her to finish the tranaction. I handed over the dollar and asked to buy the halves. She reached under the counter and gave two clads. I said I wanted the others she said that they were for the other teller. :(
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver Grinch

Postby hobo finds » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:12 pm

She will be on the Naughty List now!
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:19 pm

That's like the trick where you superglue a quarter to the pavement! :evil:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby pennypicker » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:33 pm

hobo finds wrote:She will be on the Naughty List now!

There's several tellers at my bank that I would love to have on my "Naughty List" :twisted:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby johnbrickner » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:08 pm

Alas, I have taught my tellers to well. They routinely pull the silver out of their tills. On occasion when I am a very nice boy, they will toss me a bone. But once they know they never go back.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:01 am

johnbrickner wrote:Alas, I have taught my tellers to well. They routinely pull the silver out of their tills. On occasion when I am a very nice boy, they will toss me a bone. But once they know they never go back.

I EXPERIENCE THE SAME THING MY FRIEND AS I BECOME MORE AND MORE FRINEDLY WTH ALL THE TELLERS I WORK WITH. IT PAYS OFF! ;)
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby knibloe » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:34 am

silverstacker wrote:
johnbrickner wrote:Alas, I have taught my tellers to well. They routinely pull the silver out of their tills. On occasion when I am a very nice boy, they will toss me a bone. But once they know they never go back.

I EXPERIENCE THE SAME THING MY FRIEND AS I BECOME MORE AND MORE FRINEDLY WTH ALL THE TELLERS I WORK WITH. IT PAYS OFF! ;)

That strategy is good, but if they are collecting for themselves, you will never get any.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:30 am

No surprise there. With the run up to $50 a few years ago, most of todays bank tellers have become hip and now keep the 40/90% coins for themselves. My cousin is a bank teller and he's confirmed this. Unless you are extremely lucky and/or come across a teller that is ill-informed, it's highly unlikely that you'll walk out of a bank with an Ag coin(s).
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:48 am

I'm quite sure they talk during breaks... and very likely compete to see who can do best each day/week. The only way to beat them at this
game would be to stick to ordering boxes, but I suspect that Brink's (and others) have industrial sorting machines. Still, a few will sneak
through here and there. In my book, it's much easier to work hard (for pay) and buy some, than it is to work hard and find some (for free). :shifty:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby knibloe » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:18 pm

This one didn't care about them for herself. She was holding them for the older teller. I might approach her and ask her (older teller) of she would sell to me.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals