Powerball Fever

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Powerball Fever

Postby hobo finds » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:32 pm

Could be worse than win at the pump... Powerball tickets online http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/12/technol ... index.html
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:31 pm

Typically, money can be used to attract about 8-10x in investment capital. The after tax takehome on this draw is about $500M. Thus, with a good biz plan, around $4-5B can be raised for a worthwhile project/business.

I would work to build Space Elevators to replace rockets to orbit.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:47 pm

pennypicker wrote:I would buy every PCGS & NGC $20 gold piece & $10 Indian gold piece I could find.

I have a similar idea. Buy up many low mintage numis. :thumbup:
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby fansubs_ca » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:24 am

hobo finds wrote:Could be worse than win at the pump... Powerball tickets online http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/12/technol ... index.html

linked article wrote:The Illinois online lottery system is pretty straightforward: Pick one ticket or multiple tickets for up to 26 consecutive drawings. You can choose your own numbers or tell the site to pick them for you. Add your tickets to your cart and check out.

...and if you have the winning numbers wait, you might get payed out one day, but
maybe not. -_-
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Catfish4u » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:01 pm

Yes..... the Illinois lottery is only offering IOU's but multi state lotteries will pay out.
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Rastatodd » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:02 am

I laid out $20 for a chance at $1.5 billion dollars. That money was thrown to the wind. Oh well, I was excited when I got the lottery ticket off the refrigerator magnet and checked the numbers. The $20 was worth the excitement of "it may be me". :thumbup:
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby plus1hdcp » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:21 am

It is reported there was a winning ticket sold in California.

Ray, is it yours?
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:42 am

I still think winning the big one would be a huge nightmare. Your privacy and safety would be gone forever. If you went somewhere remote to get away from it all, you would be far away from potential police protection. How would you know for sure that even multiple bodyguards would be trustworthy?

One thing my wife and I would seriously consider doing would to be to give $28,000 tax free per year to every family member and good friend I can think of. If they do something stupid with the money, then they are cut off.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:21 am

I heard that a winning ticket was sold here in Southern California. Less than an hour away. I picked the wrong store to buy my ticket. :roll:
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NDFarmer » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:37 am

I'm glad it went out. Now I can stop buying tickets!!!
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:49 am

TwoAndAHalfCents wrote:I heard that a winning ticket was sold here in Southern California. Less than an hour away. I picked the wrong store to buy my ticket. :roll:

Chino Hills 7-Eleven. I have a friend who lives near there. Been there many times.

3 winning tickets: Cali, Florida and Tennessee.

There goes my retirement plan! :D
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:48 am

I live an hour away from Chino Hills and grew up just 20 minutes away from there. It's a rich community in the foothills overlooking us peasants in the flat lands. It probably just got a lot richer :shh:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Gamecock » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:02 pm

I tell you what I'd do, man. Two chicks at the same time.
"When a government overvalues one type of money and undervalues another, the undervalued money will leave the country or disappear from circulation into hoards, while the overvalued money will flood into circulation."
Gamecock
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:56 pm

Gamecock wrote:I tell you what I'd do, man. Two chicks at the same time.

Just two?

:angel: 8-) :D
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:15 pm

well I guess I can see where your name comes from :shifty: :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Thogey » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:48 pm

This came from office space and was a running joke in the thogey house for years.

I LMAO when I read this.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:54 pm

I like the House of RC idea!

As for myself, I would basically disappear for a while until I got everything sorted out. The friends I have now are real.

Some serious investments in metals, property with a nice home and hunting land. Keep a low profile. A few hefty safes!

Two chicks at the same time....SURE! :angel:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Catfish4u » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:28 pm

Rastatodd wrote: The $20 was worth the excitement of "it may be me". :thumbup:
I feel like I got a bargain! I had that same feeling of excitement and only spent $2! I lost though.......
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals