Diamond Bullion?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Diamond Bullion?

Postby JadeDragon » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:13 pm

Stumbled across certified Diamond Bullion http://www.providentmetals.com/bullion/ ... llion.html opinions? Anyone buy these before? Some of you guys do scrap jewelry right? Is there a market for scrap diamonds like this?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Re: Diamond Bullion?

Postby highroller4321 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:41 pm

RUN AWAY! Run far far away!
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGgressive Metal » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:21 pm

Apparently the "market" to get rid of them is to put all the tiny crappy ones in fancy packages. Looks like the Franklin Mint of diamonds.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby johnbrickner » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:32 pm

"As an alternative to precious metals, the ¼ Carat Diamond Melee Certicard® can be crucial in safeguarding your hard-earned wealth. Get fully invested before diamonds grow even harder to find."

An alternative to PMs, crucial in safeguarding my Hard-Earned, get fully invested, diamonds grow harder to find?

That's enough for me. Not touching.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby scrapman1077 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:54 pm

As Russia is planning to flood the market, No me.
scrapman1077
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:15 pm

Since it sounds unanimous, I'm all in with everything I've got. Wait a minute. Gotta run- there's a guy from Antwerp, Belgium on the phone telling me how I can magnify my diamond returns by using margin. :)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby JadeDragon » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:21 pm

LOL don''t worry I have not bought any diamonds. Clue 1 was the ability to buy 1/4 carat of industrial grade - which is enough to do zero with.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby fansubs_ca » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:33 am

johnbrickner wrote:Get fully invested before diamonds grow even harder to find."

Just squeeze some carbon (really hard ^_-) and you've got more diamonds, I don't
think something that can be artificially made through a mechanical process will
be "harder to find" as long as there is energy to run the machines.

Things where the actual element is rare (such as Gold) are in a totally different
league, although elements can be transmuted it's much more complex and energy
intensive. (Atoms don't like splitting or fusing in the way that is most convenient
to humans, results are a bit more random and/or inconvenient. ^_-)
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals